TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
shady44

Default Just discovered Trail Manor

Hi,
I am new to this forum and and found out about the TrailManor trailers from an ad in Camping magazine. I showed my wife the ad and some info from their website and she was immediately hooked on the concept. Before she saw the TrailManor, she was not real interested in a travel trailer but now wants one badly. I have a 1996 GMC K2500 Sierra loaded to the gils with aftermarket stuff, improved brakes, has full towing package, etc. so should be a good rig to tow with. We do a lot of traveling and mostly stay a week in a time share condo somewhere and hotel it the rest of the time and usually are on the road from 3 to 5 weeks a year so this would be great for us. We like the 30 ft model with the one queen and double bed and most of the options. I found a dealer in Anaheim, CA and will go and look there and we are also planning on attending the RV show in Anaheim in January. This is a great site and I will do a lot of research so we get exactly what we want.

Shady
Old 07-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
Stlrfan in AZ

Welcome! We too are new to the site (although longtime lurkers!) We just ordered our new Trailmanor from the dealership in Anaheim (Custom RV Sales). They are a first class operation, and we highly recommend them. It is a small place (not like your large RV lots) so you get very personal attention without being overwhelmed or getting a "hard sell." Everyone we talked to at Custom RV is highly knowledgable about the Trailmanors and they are very willing to spend all the time you need to decide if a TM is right for you. We have communicated with them by phone, email, and in person for about the last 6 months and they have never failed to answer even the smallest questions we have. You can also find a wealth of information on this site which will help you decide if a TM is the way to go. Enjoy!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady44
Hi,
I found a dealer in Anaheim, CA and will go and look there and we are also planning on attending the RV show in Anaheim in January. This is a great site and I will do a lot of research so we get exactly what we want.

Shady
There are only two dealers in CA. One of which is Custom RV. The other is Dinuba RV which is no longer in Dinuba but Fairfield, so it's great that you are near a dealership that can take care of you should you decide to go with the TM. This forum will be your best source of knowledge on the TM.
Good Luck,
CHeri
Old 07-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
camp2canoe

Default Welcome shady 44

Greetings and welcome to the forum. We've owned our '05 2619 for about 15 months - it is the biggest that fits in our garage even with the swing away tongue. What everyone says about ease of towing and setup are true. You do give up some convenience - you need to set it up to pack it, fill the water, drain and flush the holding tank, etc. For us it has been a good trade off as we can keep it in the garage (keeping our neighbors happy) and save by not paying for off premises storage. One extraordinary benefit is the camaraderie among the owners and this forum. You would be hard put to come up with a problem that can't be answered on the forum and people we've never met have been extraordinarily helpful and kind to us during our first year of ownership. I have a suggestion which is to take your owner's manual for the TM and appliances and all of the checklists available on the forum (which are far more comprehensive) and put them in a binder to carry with you. Even when you start to feel perfectly confident in your knowledge of your TM and it's systems, it may prevent you from having a senior moment and driving off without unplugging your shore power or turning on the water heater before you fill it with water, etc. - David & Mary Lynn (Camp2Canoe)
Old 07-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
MidwestDave

Default Welcome

I too am fairly new,nine months or so. Here a suggestion. Study this site as much as you can. Become a sponsor for $12 a year and get the privledge of the entire web site. It's a GOLD MINE of information. You will be a very educated buyer when you go to your dealer. I studied this web site for five months while waiting to retire and purchase a new 2720. The dealer could not believe all we knew when we went to pick up our new trailer. The members on this web site are owners and can answer all the questions you have. If we don't have an answer maybe we can find one. I am currently working on a TV shelf to sit on the fridge and a microwave shelf to sit on the microwave drawer, both are designed to give me more counter space and additional shelves (3). I'll try to have pictures later!
Hope you find a Trail Manor to suit you! Good luck and welcome!

Midwest Dave
Where the Mississippi River runs east and west!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
kenngeri2720

Thanks Dave look forward to see the mod pictures.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Scott O

Much like you, we had no idea something like a TM existed. While camping early last year in Escalante, UT we saw one and the guy explained what it was. Since we were in a tent trailer, it looked like a cool idea. Our dealer is also Custom RV and they proved to be absolutely fabulous. They will even bring a TM to your house if you are relatively close to Anaheim to see if it fits in your garage, if that is an issue. Follow the advice you get on this forum and you will soon be giving advice yourself...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
P and B

Shady 44- We bought our 3124KS last fall. It's the model with the King sized bed in the back. It has a lot of living room, which we like primarily because, due to my job, I can't ever really stop working so the room is good for living and working for us. Lots of table space and the chair with the foot thingy isn't too bad.

I think the TM is well designed and it tows very well. The TM has electric brakes so you'll need a brake controller.

Have fun on your search. It's always the best part. The worst part is parting with the $$ s.

Phil
Old 07-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady44 View Post
Hi,
I am new to this forum and and found out about the TrailManor trailers from an ad in Camping magazine. I showed my wife the ad and some info from their website and she was immediately hooked on the concept. Before she saw the TrailManor, she was not real interested in a travel trailer but now wants one badly. I have a 1996 GMC K2500 Sierra loaded to the gils with aftermarket stuff, improved brakes, has full towing package, etc. so should be a good rig to tow with. We do a lot of traveling and mostly stay a week in a time share condo somewhere and hotel it the rest of the time and usually are on the road from 3 to 5 weeks a year so this would be great for us. We like the 30 ft model with the one queen and double bed and most of the options. I found a dealer in Anaheim, CA and will go and look there and we are also planning on attending the RV show in Anaheim in January. This is a great site and I will do a lot of research so we get exactly what we want.

Shady
Shady,
Although TM company is not new to us (we first saw them at the Pamona RV show about 8-9 years ago. In fact the rep called my wife out of the crowd and asked her to open and close it. She was shocked how easy it was. Now 5 RV's later (20' Class C to 37' Class A) we have our used 04 2720SL. We too can't say enought about Custom RV in Anaheim, CA. We were so used to being told "you have to wait 3 weeks for service" that when we called Matt and said we need some service. He said "were here all week bring it up" can't get better service than that. Hope you will be happy with your TM.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
agesilaus

The west coast group is having a TM Rally in Petaluma sometime soon, I'm sure someone will give us the date. I know it's a bit of a drive from SoCal but you would certainly get to see and talk to lots of people there.