TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Al & Barb

Default Towing Questions

We've ordered our new 2720SD and Nissan Pathfinder and hope to get both in May. Now we have a few questions. How many miles should we put on the TV before towing our Trailmanor? Any suggestions for the best way to prepare the TV? We need to install Prodigy on our vehicle and want it done by someone who knows what he's doing. U-Haul was suggested. Anyone have any experience with U-Haul installing Prodigy? How about recomendations for extended side mirrors? I have noticed that none of the Trailmanor pictures show extended mirrors, but I can't imagine towing one without them.

We towed a pop-up for many years with a Dodge Caravan and rented a 25-foot motorhome for 3 weeks in the Rockies some years ago, but have never towed anything as big as the 2720.

Al & Barb
Arlington, MA
Old 04-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Any minute now you will likely see a lot of recommendations for the McKesh strap on mirrors.

These seem to be the top of the line for non permanent mirrors. I don't like the amount of vibration in them at freeway speeds and I don't like that they are not so easy to readjust when you change drivers. They are very good for what they are. I just would rather have electrically adjustable mirrors, so I'll be upgrading one of these days.