TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #11
trail manners

Smile Completed Search for Tow Vehicle

Thanks for the comments of all of you who responded to the original question here. The months of searching for a TV are over.

On March 23, my wife and I purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, short-bed 5.9L gasoline engine, with 4.10 gear axle ratio. The transmission is 4-speed including OD and is 2WD. It is the color I was looking for, white, and has a matching white Leer camper cover. It also has a bedliner. The seller was responsive to negotiation, and we were able to complete the purchase from TV piggy bank funds. No truck payments!

There was no extra charge for minor dents in the rear bumper and the right rear panel or the small screw in one tire. Neither will I have to be bothered with trouble-shooting for problems with tilt, cruise, pdl, pw, or power seat. Nor will I be concerned with spills on carpet. I do like power mirrors and may add power there later.

This truck was a fleet vehicle with regular maintenance schedule. The company president was friendly and disclosing of info on the truck and its use. The driver had an on-the-road territory. I had a choice between this truck and a similar Dodge 1500 with 5.2 engine and 3:55 rear end from the same source just outside Atlanta.

The 2.25 hours drive home on both interstate and two-lanes was quite enjoyable. The truck handles nicely and gently hums with power. I look forward to connecting TV & TM for a nice outing with my wife who found the truck in a truck trader magazine.

Blessings for safe and enjoyable Spring camping.

With trailmanners,

Dan