TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2022, 08:36 PM   #1
Ramblin' Rec

Default If your electric slide doesn't work...

Check the electrical connections at the switches. Ours worked at the dealer when we bought it, but not when we got home. We took Bill's advice and unbolted the motor so we could slide it manually until we had time to diagnose it. My husband, who is a very hands-on EE, concluded that the problem is the "insulation displacement" connectors used to connect the wires to the switches. They are probably quick and easy to install if you have the right tool, but they don't reliably cut through the insulation and make a good connection with the wire they're clamped onto. He's also not impressed with the connection where they slide onto the spade on the switch. After swapping out all the connectors on the two switches, the motor now turns on when it should.

NOTE: if you have to remove the bolt holding the motor to the slide, put it in a safe place where you can find it again. Now, can anyone tell me what size that bolt is so I can go buy another one?
Old 05-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #2
Ramblin' Rec

I really do need to know what the thread pitch is on the bolt that holds the motor engaged with the rack, if anybody reading this happens to know. We tried a bolt that seemed the right size, but it came out again with its threads flattened a bit, so we're hoping we didn't strip the threads in the hole. I've asked Adam at TM but he's not responding about the thread pitch.