TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
Casey Freswick

Default Off topic question

How do I get pictures of my TV and TM on my posts? I got a picture somewhere but have not figured this out. Too embarrassed to ask since I can usually figure these things out pretty fast. But figure it time to admit defeat.
Casey Freswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #12
Shane826
TrailManor Master

It's not the hose they were concerned about... If you get grease in the TM fresh water system it will be all but impossible to get all the residue out.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #13
Casey Freswick

Default Hopefully Save

I tested it, but did not use it to put any water in the TM. The water went to the flowers.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #14
Casey Freswick

Default Drill Water Pump

I took the pump apart and sure enough there is grease in there. I took the pump totally apart and cleaned out all the grease. Then I put in a silicone lubricant that I had laying around, FOOD GRADE. This is used in processing foods and is edible. But I had also considered running the pump without grease. I am sure the pump will wear out quicker but as I looked at the mechanism I was sure that it would last a considerable time. And if I am not emptying out my flooded basement I think it will last a long time. So although I think the ultimate pump solution may be my long term best option I will try this for the time being. The pump certainly moves the water at a quick rate. May try it out at the end of the month on a 4 day dry camping trip we are planning. Thanks for the heads up. Next project: A all weather steel shed for my generator, which worked for 44 hours following a major storm.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #15
Casey Freswick

Default Steel Shed

I am making my steel shed to be used as a all weather generator and as the "box" for my cargo carrier on my hitch on my TM bumper hitch. I put a heavy duty number hitch receptacle on the bumper plus a bumper stabilizer that gives extra support. The support is connected to the frame and bumper.

My "shed" is made from Barn steel siding that I picked up at the at the menards non-skeued lumber section. J trim only 50 cents a foot. So far I have about $35 into the project and some thinking how to put it together. For easy access to various sections I am pretty sure I am going to use door hinges to lock the 4 walls together. Then when needed I will take the bolts of the hinges off an open that wall. Well that it was I am considering now.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #16
Casey Freswick

Default Day off no TM day

Well put another 9 hours into the TM today. Finished my generator shed for bad weather. Changed oil in generator. In first month of owning it used it at home 50 hours, after big storm left me with no electric and at the camp site for another 20 hours. Worked great.

Also stained, varnished, sanded, puddied the finishing nail holes and varnished again beautiful and well made drawers for all the cupboards. I gave the order to a wood worker, my father-in law. He used a router to slide in the bottoms. A beautiful job. I did the finishing touches today and will install soon.

Another 8 day trip planned for off grid, but not so rustic, camping in September. Next major purchase, vent free heater, just in time for trip in September.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 AM   #17
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Freswick View Post
How do I get pictures of my TV and TM on my posts? I got a picture somewhere but have not figured this out. Too embarrassed to ask since I can usually figure these things out pretty fast. But figure it time to admit defeat.
Casey, I know we'd all love to see photos of your mods, but I see that no one answered your question about posting photos!

If you go to FAQ, then at the very bottom, the section titled "Reading & Posting Messages", there is a FAQ on "Attachments & Images" - this will explain how to post photos.

Hopefully this link takes you there -
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...b3_attachments

To add photos to your signature line, or create an avatar, go to FAQ, then the middle section titled "User Profile Features", then "Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures" -

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...atures_avatars
Old 10-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #18
Casey Freswick

Default Pump update

The water pump, cleaned of grease worked great. But as mentioned in an earlier post there was an after taste in my water. Upon reflection I am thinking ti is the rubber in the pump. It was not made for potable water. So I think those who warned against this system are right. I still have the pump. It still works. But will likely hook up to the pump in the trail manor. We had a great 8 days of camping and everything is working well. EXCEPT

TM: 2003 2720SL TV: 2014 Yukon

Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #19
Casey Freswick

Default New Door Knob & bolt

The except in the previous post was. I commuted to work on Friday. Left my wife in the camper. When she got up she could not get out of the camper. The door knob would not turn. I had sporadic problems before. So installed an new door knob and latch yesterday. May wife should be able to open the door now.

TM: 2003 2720SL TV: 2014 Yukon