TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #31
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
I know that this thread hasn't been used in awhile, but was wondering for those that installed rolling shelves, did people use the full extension or just the regular slides? I'm looking at purchasing from shelvesthatslide.com, or see if they have the right sizes on their ebay store.
As noted in my Album on the topic
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=12
I used the K&V Model 1805 slides from Lowes or Home Depot. These are identified on the K&V website as "3/4 extension roller slides".

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #32
nightowlgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisht View Post
Hi -- I bought all of our drawers on eBay and I'm almost positive they were the standard regular slides. I installed them about 3 yrs ago and they're still working well.

Good luck!
Trish
Very cool. and a no - brainer to spend the money and have them be right.

Can you please post the correct dimensions - based on your model - for others that want to order from them.

thanks.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #33
Casey Freswick

Default Drawer #1 measurement

Bill,

In your measurements on page one of your information about 2720 measurements you say that the width of drawer 1 is 20 1/16. On page two you say the width is 20 9/16. This is a half inch difference. All the other drawer measurement match between page one and page 2. Do you know which is right? Is it 20 1/16 or 20 and 9/16?
Casey Freswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #34
grubbyjeans

Default Drawers from Container Store

Here is our solution to the storage issue. Sorry it didn't get posted to this thread. I overlooked it.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...24&postcount=4
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...25&postcount=5

[SIGPIC]http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8372&dateline=1403045 022[/SIGPIC]
2010 Sport Trac -> 2009 2720SL
Travel accessories: Dobro style resonator guitar, Mandolin, Guitar

Albums
grubbyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #35
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbyjeans View Post
Here is our solution to the storage issue. Sorry it didn't get posted to this thread. I overlooked it.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...24&postcount=4
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...25&postcount=5
Ohhhh! I quite like those! I may have to rethink my stance about not building drawers for the cabinets.....
Old 07-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #36
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Casey -

Sadly, I don't know which is right, and I replaced that particular trailer with a newer one long ago. My guess is that the 9/16" dimension is right, based on the info on page 4. But please remember my advice to measure all pieces to fit your trailer, not mine. I did not intend, and would not expect, the information to provide a cut-and-paste operation. None of it is difficult, though, so you should be able to do it easily.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Freswick View Post
Bill,

In your measurements on page one of your information about 2720 measurements you say that the width of drawer 1 is 20 1/16. On page two you say the width is 20 9/16. This is a half inch difference. All the other drawer measurement match between page one and page 2. Do you know which is right? Is it 20 1/16 or 20 and 9/16?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #37
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Bill's cabinetry improvements are top notch! I didn't have the time to look for and install (or get DH to install) that kind of a slide, so i went low-tech. I bought some small plastic serving trays, turned them upside down and stacked them on the floor inside the cabinet so that they matched the height of the bottom of the cabinet opening that they were inside, and just used some plastic bins that easily slide in and out on top of the trays. I have this arrangement under the sink and under the oven. Under the sink we have bowls, plates, and platters in one bin. Down below there are drinking glasses and coffee cups. Under the oven there are various items, racks, pan lids, coffee maker, baking pans etc.

It works for us. Now that I have knee problems I really appreciate having those slide-out bins. I also like that the contents are contained within the bins and can be taken out for cleaning and restocking.

Behind the bins under the sink I keep a bottle of laundry detergent and a metal lunchbox with various repair parts. Those, I have to get down on the floor to retrieve.