TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Default Wireless or Bluetooth TPMS

This is being frustratng. What I want is a Bluetooth TPMS system (but could also use WiFi). I already hve too many displays on the dash to add another so need to be able to transmit to one of my Android Devices.

In May I ordered an Accutire MS-4388GB. Apparently is never going to be available so I ordered a FOBO Bike set. It seems that none of my Android devices (2.3, 4.1, 4.4) are the right version. Oy.

Does anyone know of a Bluetooth or WiFi TPMS that works on a TM ? Miracast even ?
Old 09-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

The 507 system has an audible alarm for both pressure and temperature, so no need to have the visual display. I use mine, but I could hear it if it was in the consol or glove box. Unless you're looking at your display all of the time, the alarm will give you the heads up to maybe save your undercarriage and plumbing.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Sorry, am hearing impaired (over 60 db down). Need something that flashes or changes colors or is really loud (car audio system).
Old 10-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Am now on my second Bluetooth TPMS and the report is so far not good. The ads do not mention but both systems require Bluetooth 4.0 - not just BTLE but 4.0 else they never pair.

Sent back the FOBO after finding this but mainly because of the obscure method of e-mails and Internet access required to "register" and thast every device needed a different e-mail address. They call it security. I have another word.

Just receved the ACCUTIRE MS-4388GB and while it pairs with the one device I have with Bluetooth 4.0 (and its not my Samsung Galaxy smart phone)/ it only pairs once & needs to be within three feet of the sensor for it to pair. Once paired it seem to work approximately where the TV would be. Until it doesn't. Once it loses sync it will never pair again even when the tab is right next to the stem. (Have Torque Pro on the same machine and maintained connection with the dongle from the other side of the driveway.

Sent an e-mail to the company last night but no repy as yet. Not holding my breath.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail Cruiser View Post
The 507 system has an audible alarm for both pressure and temperature, so no need to have the visual display. I use mine, but I could hear it if it was in the consol or glove box. Unless you're looking at your display all of the time, the alarm will give you the heads up to maybe save your undercarriage and plumbing.
Like Red says, the TST 507 is plenty loud.
With our previous hot brake issue the hot temp alarm only sounded once but it is loud unless your hip hop or rap isn't maxed.
One may just place it on the console/coin change depression/drink cup or by the gear shift and not place it on the dash (especially since it updates data every two mins) and view it a few times an hour.
Doesn't appear to be affected (or effect) any of the other electronic devices (nor the always on wireless rearview camera).
Truly satisfied with the features.
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #6
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

The important thing you want from your TPMS is for the alarm to go off when you need it, and for you to be able to tell it's the tire alarm, and pull over _fast_. If it doesn't go off when your phone isn't paired with it, IMO it's too risky.
BrucePerens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Agree and same for a backup camera.