TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
How does that additional fan not get in the way since it gets covered when it is closed up? I like that idea !! We will be taking with us an Alaskan Malamute. Does the extra space that the dinette takes significantly reduce space for the dog over the sofa option? I will definitely be getting the cassette option. When are you planning to order yours?
I have a 2720QD and travel with a 60# Goldendoodle. Looking at the floor plans we have the same floor space on the fridg wall. I have a wastebasket next to the frig, and to the right of that I have a decent sized Rubbermaid tote that I put all of the dogs things in. That is also used as a raised platform for her food and water bowls. There is still a little bit of space between that and the dinette.

On the wall with the door...you will have almost double the space that I have in my 2720. I also have the three drawer cabinet on that side.

There is plenty of floor space for bailey when we are inside the trailer. Of course she sleeps in the bed so I don't have a separate doggy bed on the floor. So depending on your situation, if you do want a doggy bed on the floor, I would think you would have plenty of room on the door side between the dresser and the start of the dinette. Should still be able to easily access the dinette on that side.

Really it comes down to personal preference. I prefer a real table to sit at and read paper and eat meals when weather is bad. Plus it can store a bunch of stuff.

Downside of dinette is less access to the overhead cabinets which I don't really use anyway, and more difficult to reach back shelf, which I do use.

I have wondered many times if I would make the same choice and I think I would.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hmmm. Leatherette + dog = ??? You are braver than I.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hmmm. Leatherette + dog = ??? You are braver than I.

Bill
I am still wondering if that is a good idea myself. It is just that we like the look of it.
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

If you get the dinette, instead of the sofa, you get an extra 6" of "bed" space. The sofa arms reduce the length (width of TM) of the extra bed.

I would definitely do the 40 gallon fresh tank. Gray tank is 30 gallon, standard on our 2417. Assume the same on larger models.

Solar is great when off the grid. I had TM install the wires and controller (it is a very good controller), so I only had to get my own panel, and connect to the wires they ran to the roof. Best of both worlds! I prefer the fixed panels to the portable, for many reasons. But, if you camp where there is heavy tree cover, portable may be your better bet. I have camped with less than 2 hours of direct sun daily, and have always fully-recharged my battery.

Enjoy!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Arms on my sofa remove, so there's no significant length difference when it's a bed.

That being said, it's not a very good bed. :-( But, the kids sleep there (made a bunk bed out of it) so it works for us. The extra floor space is a must for us, but it's all about your needs, which are different than mine. I'd make the same decision in a heartbeat.

I find we have more than enough storage, I could haul a lot more if I wanted to. Again, my needs vs. yours.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #16
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Looking at the current specs for the 3124's, seems they come standard with the 40 gallon tank!! By the way, is it under the sink? I am prone to get the installed TM version of the solar if I can afford it. I did spot a 2015 TM on RVTrader that had two very nice dark acrylic doors on the back side. Is that standard now?

As for the dinette vs. sofa, I am getting whiplash (I can see pros for both) around which I should get. So, one last question. Which one would be the more comfortable one to sleep on for someone around 6 feet tall???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3124 rear doors.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	10674  
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #17
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post

As for the dinette vs. sofa, I am getting whiplash (I can see pros for both) around which I should get. So, one last question. Which one would be the more comfortable one to sleep on for someone around 6 feet tall???
I am guessing the dinette because you won't have any crease where the sofa folds. You will just have flat cushions laying on top of the table.

Having said that, I have never used mine as a bed and don't expect to.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #18
moaboy

I think the heat strip has always been standard, at least it was on my 2009.5.
There is more storage in a TM than one would think. Even the refrigerator holds more than it looks like it will. One can greatly improve the bed that is made from the table by putting a thin memory foam cover over the cushions, which covers up the gaps between the cushions. We keep ours on the front double bed when not needed.
Enjoy!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #19
funpilot2

Does the sofa have any storage underneath it? Does the dinette have storage underneath it? These are about the 3124.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #20
foxhaven0

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot2 View Post
Does the sofa have any storage underneath it? Does the dinette have storage underneath it? These are about the 3124.
On my older 3124ks the sofa storage has two small door on the outside but you can also get in by lifting the sofa seat (sounds easier than it is). The newer ones seem to be different, with the heater under the sofa.
I don't know about the KD dinette so I am also curious to the answer to this one.

If money were no object I would get a new 3124KD. I really like the space and storage it has.