TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
How does that additional fan not get in the way since it gets covered when it is closed up? I like that idea !! We will be taking with us an Alaskan Malamute. Does the extra space that the dinette takes significantly reduce space for the dog over the sofa option? I will definitely be getting the cassette option. When are you planning to order yours?
I have a 2720QD and travel with a 60# Goldendoodle. Looking at the floor plans we have the same floor space on the fridg wall. I have a wastebasket next to the frig, and to the right of that I have a decent sized Rubbermaid tote that I put all of the dogs things in. That is also used as a raised platform for her food and water bowls. There is still a little bit of space between that and the dinette.

On the wall with the door...you will have almost double the space that I have in my 2720. I also have the three drawer cabinet on that side.

There is plenty of floor space for bailey when we are inside the trailer. Of course she sleeps in the bed so I don't have a separate doggy bed on the floor. So depending on your situation, if you do want a doggy bed on the floor, I would think you would have plenty of room on the door side between the dresser and the start of the dinette. Should still be able to easily access the dinette on that side.

Really it comes down to personal preference. I prefer a real table to sit at and read paper and eat meals when weather is bad. Plus it can store a bunch of stuff.

Downside of dinette is less access to the overhead cabinets which I don't really use anyway, and more difficult to reach back shelf, which I do use.

I have wondered many times if I would make the same choice and I think I would.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote