TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
larsdennert

Default What's your least used option?

Here is a different thread. What option does your TM have that you use the least? Not to dis anything in particular but just the way we happen to travel.

Least used for us is the TV antenna. Been used zero times. I usually bring a laptop which will play DVD's and has internet access. No TV.

Next is the generator. Not really an option so to speak, but I use it much more seldom than I thought I would. Long trips I often have hookups and short ones the dual 6V batteries last no trouble.

Lastly is the Air Conditioning. Seldom used but I wouldn't do without it. When I need it, I need it.

What's yours and why?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
camp2canoe

I bought the awning, air and antenna as a package mainly because I thought it would make the resale value of my TM better. We seldom use the awning and almost never the air. Hands down the least used option, however, is the antenna which I tried to use once just to make sure it worked. In retrospect, since I store a canoe and a kayak on top of our TM, I wish I would have deleted the antenna.

Let me do the converse - we are so glad we opted for the conventional oven. It is used on virtually every trip. DW likes to bake and we both enjoy cooking fairly elaborate dishes so it has been both functional and a source of entertainment for us. I'd still buy a separate microwave for potatoes, popcorn, frozen vegetables, etc. IF we could find one less than 16.5" wide so it would fit next to the wardrobe. -camp2canoe
Old 05-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
Queeniereads

I think we least use the cabinets over the couch. Hard to reach and not shaped for much that we have.

We added a short recliner and we use that lots, along with almost everything else except the air conditioner so far. I think we used it on a very hot day in Cleveland. Love the oven and hubby says he would choose to have a recirculating toilet in any camper.

THanks for asking -- good idea.
Queen
Old 05-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
nonichris

This could prove to be a very interesting thread for us, as we are thinking of ordering a TM this week and one of the big questions is the oven. We RV a lot going to dog agility trials and rarely use the oven...have used it only for pizza. We do use the microwave for heating coffee, but stove top cooking is our mainstay, even at home...so we are leaning towards the microwave/convection option. Ed, at the factory, seems to think the support issue of the microwave has been solved in the newer models...???. We definitely use awning and air conditioner in our old RV and we carry a satellite dish with a long antenna cord, which gives us more flexibility in picking up signals. Does anyone regret the hanging cabinets? I didn't see anything in the way of privacy curtains for the bed?? we are thinking of bringing my mother along at times and putting her in the separate "bedroom"...we are looking at the 3124kb....
Old 05-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
LittleRhodey

Default Privacy curtains

I love the hanging cabinets. They are a great addition to both storage and efficiency in the kitchen. You have to load them with light things only or they are hard to hang on the wall when you set up.

Privacy curtains do not show in any of the photos on the TrailManor website but they are included for both the front and the back bed. They are good at blocking out the light as well; my daughter goes right to sleep when we put her down and close the curtains. They attach to a track right above the edge of the front bed.

Least used option- NONE - we use everything but we only added the two upper cabinets, AC and the vinyl wood grain floor, kept the oven and bought our own microwave.

The vinyl floors are great. I put down a runner in the hall and two small throws in the entrance and in front of the couches. I shake out the rugs, sweep the floor, and put it all back. Done! I wouldn't have liked the carpet. I didn't want to carry a vacuum or clean up tracked in dirt and stuff from the campgrounds.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #6
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

I'd say it's the awning. We've used it a few times, but mostly it stays rolled up. I remember one time we did have it unfurled, left the campground (it was a TM Rally) in perfect weather, and returned a few hours later just before a gusty windstorm, that would have no doubt torn the thing off had we not rolled it up. Not an option per se, but we don't use the outside shower too much either, but it's nice to have to rinse off the dogs' muddy paws!
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
Scott O

Hanging cabnets are useful, since the popup design limits storage. The only time we have used the generator is to run it monthly at home. Have not needed the AC, but would order it again for resale, assuming we ever sell! The awning is useful and gives the TM a 'homey' look. We do use the antenna occassionally. As for the oven, it is needed for baking chocolate chip cookies! I can't imagine being without a fresh batch...now that would be truly 'roughing it.' There is really nothing on our TM that I regret getting, except the strange factory screen door!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
Al-n-Sue

Don't hear much about the factory screen door - can you post some pictures?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Have never used the TV antenna, and have only used the AC twice. I echo others here though in saying I would not want to go without the AC though as when you need it, you need it. It can be particularly miserable otherwise.

Would absolutely not get another TM without an oven. We use it all the time, and would have no use for a microwave since we mostly boondock. We use everything else. The awning has been a lifesaver as a shield from the sun.
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
coulter

The antenna, we've used it once. The awning doesn't get used very often either, not because I don't like it but because of the fear of it getting blown off the trailer.
Options we would NEVER be without are the air conditioner, and conventional oven, we boon-dock a lot, and the oven gets lots of use. As for the air, we live in Missouri and you can't camp here in August comfortably without a cool place to retreat to.