TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
frequency

Default Which Model To Buy?

I am new to this site and have done the pop up tent thing. Now looking at these. I notice that the 2619 model is talked about here and for sale here alot, any reasons for that? Which models or years are the better ones to look at?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
Freedom

2619 happens to be the smallest TM curently made, and also the least expensive. We have a 2619, but if we had to do it over again, we would go with the 2720 (not SD or SL) because of the extra storage in the back and because the 2720 has a Queen bed in the back. The weight isn't much different, and we don't take enough stuff to get close to max any way. We like our 2619, but the 2720 IMHO would just be a little better.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
Bob&Karen

We went and looked at the 2720SL and thought that's what we wanted until we looked at the 3124KS - lots more storage and well within the tow ratings of our tow vehicle. We travel with three Boston Terriers, who sleep in their collapsible crates that fit nicely in the HUGE compartment under the king-size bed. At bedtime, we make the sofa into a bed and line their crates up there - instant doggie bed!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
frequency

Thanks, that's kinda what I saw also in the models. Makes alot of sense. How about the fact that the sides and top seem to damage easily(pine cones dropping, etc?), have they made improvements on that?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #5
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

We have a 2619 that we bought used. It was in good shape and we like it a lot (2 adults + 2 dogs). We had been long time tent campers, and the TM has sleeping on the ground, beat hands down!

That being said, I think I'd opt for a 2720SL next time. It would still fit in the garage (which is an issue where we live), and provide a little more room. We really don't need the second bed provided by the 2619 (dogs sleep there now, but they could just as easily sleep on floor), and the queen sized bed would be a welcome change. Other amenities (stove, bathroom, refrigerator, sink, AC, etc. are the same in both).

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
Doug W.

I would do a search for blown tires. That seems to be more of an issue on the smaller trailers with the lighter axle. If you have the tow vehicle, I would at least get a 3023. Heavier axle and more storage are the biggest reasons to go for that one. I originally wanted a 2720SL, but got a good deal on a 3124KS. Now that I have the king bed I think I would only get either a 3124KB or 3124KS. The advantage of the king bed is we sleep with our heads toward the front of the trailer. That way when either of us have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, we do not have to climb over the other. Of course they also have the heavier axle and more storage.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

How many people will you be camping with, and how old are they? That makes a big difference. Also, what type of camping will you be doing? If you like to go to RV parks, it won't be hard to fit a bigger model into most campsites. If, however, you like to go to the boonies, you may wish to opt for a smaller model because it will fit into more campsites.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
PopBeavers

When we went looking for a trailer, we wanted the largest trailer that would fit in the garage. That is the TM 2720 with swing away tongue. I could find nothing larger.

We really like the queen versus double rear bed, and the extra storage is almost, but not quite full. BBQ, tools, water hoses in the back. Inside there is a few games, the bar, outdoor speakers, towels, shoes and some odds and ends.

Half the time we use all three beds, queen, double and dinette. The double and dinette are used as large singles.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
frequency

Great info folks. I appreciate all the inputs. I have a Dodge Quad cab hemi, so I should be ok on the hauling part of it. It's just me and a dog at this point in my life, but maybe a lady might come along here and there, if I found one that likes to camp. I like Rv parks and the boonies as well.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:37 AM   #10
rockerga

All great stuff here. With your TV you can handle easily anything TrailManor builds so as said in these posts just answer a few questions: "What do I want it for, where will I take it, where will I store it?" Then find the model that fits your answers the best.

We love our 2720SL because that fit ME.

ENJOY!