TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2003, 06:14 PM   #1
Firefly

Default What won you over??

: Hi folks...

I'm new to this board and I wanted to know how you found TrailManors and what finally made you buy one?

I just happened onto their website and immediately thought...hey...what a cool concept! I ordered a brochure right away.

We're new pop-up campers and will eventually upgrade and this could possibly be for us!

Are these considered pop-ups? Someone on my regular pop-up board said they heard there were leakage problems. Is this generally a common thing with this type of RV?

I hope not because I'm really interested in something like this.

Thanks for any info or opinions you can offer! :-*
Old 09-20-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re:What won you over??

We came upon Trailmanors way back in 1990 at the Harrisburg, Pa. RV show. We too were avid pop-up campers. We had a 1988 Coleman Plantation which was the top of the line pop-up for Colemqn back then. We enjoyed the ease of towing and handling of the pop-ups, but we got tired of wet evolution. It seemed that it always rained the day that we were to leave. So that meant putting it up when we got home and letting it dry out and then put it away. I didn't like to leave it up because of the sun on the evolution.

So 2 years later at the Harrisburg RV show we looked at the Trailmanors again and bought a 1993 23M (which is the 2720 today). Keith Hulsey was going to the shows at the time, and he answered numerous questions that we had. Of course in 1993 there was no internet to check out new products and get feedback from other owners like on the Trailmanor Forum. So we took the chance and became owners of a 1993 Trailmanor. We would have bought a larger size one, but we were not sure that we would like it, and why spend more money incase this happened. But it was just the opposite. One year later at the RV show in Harrisburg, we bought the 3326 King which is the largest and most expensive unit. Having loved the 1993 model, I knew we would surely love the 3326 with all of the extra things. We kept it for 8 years, and in 2001, we bought a 2002 3326 King at the Harrisburg RV show. For us they are the greatest camper. Others might disagree with me, but I would not want to own one of those huge motorhomes and have to pull a vehicle behind it. Because everyone has different tastes is why there are so many different products in campers out there. If you like the things about a pop-up, you will be more than pleased with owning a Trailmanor.

With any product, you will have some little problems. After all they are made by humans on an assembly line. Not every person feels like doing a 100% job every day. Somedays we are tired or sick, Sometimes we have problems at home, and this affects our work performance. We are not robuts so mistakes will happen.

You were talking about water leaks. I never had any problems with our 1993 or 1994 Trailmanors regarding leaks. Just this year I developed a small leak in the front section. I called the factory, and Jimmy Davis said to caulk the front strip on both sides as I had thought was the problem Voila. No more problem with the leak. The important thing about a product is the company behind the product. The people at the factory are top notch in my book. Anytime that I had a question over the years, I would call and Jimmy or Donny would help me out. Tell me another company where you get to talk to the same person the next time you call for assistance. There are not many out there. Trailmanor goes out of their way to keep you a satisfied customer. I'm sure that there are many other Trailmanor owners out there who will say the same thing about the company.

It's these things that are important to me. Nothing is more frustrating than to have a problem with a product, and all you get is a run around at the Company level. YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT AT TRAILMANOR.

I'm sure you will get other replies from other loyal Trailmanor owners. I know that there are many owners out there who have owned 2 or 3 Trailmanors already. I think that this should say something about the product. Each year, the company improves the units to keep up with the times. I hope this has answered some of your concerns. Hope you join the Trailmanor family in the future!!

Bob Strong

A Happy Trailmanor Owner
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:15 PM   #3
Firefly

;D

Thanks guys...great responses so far! Just what I wanted to hear! I'm glad to hear the manufacturer stands behind their product!

As I mentioned before...this is our first year pop-up camping and it has rained every time we camped except last weekend. The popping up and drying out in the garage is kind of a pain. I can see myself getting tired of doing that eventually. Plus...I know we'll want something bigger as well.

Happy camping! 8)

Old 09-21-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
Moonshot

Firefly,

We've had no leak problems. I remember the first time we were out in the TM and it rained. We heard the *tinkle* sound on the roof and wondered what it was! The sound that rain makes on the TM roof is one of the unexpected pleasures of the TM, I think.

Scott
Old 09-21-2003, 09:56 AM   #5
SweetSue

We have had two leaks so far; that's one reason we haven't taken the TM out for a weekend. The first leak was the seal on the roof A/C and the second was the seal on the vent in front of the A/C. Jimmy Davis at the factory has been great. He approved our taking the unit to a local RV shop for warranty work since we are 2 1/2 hours from the nearest dealer. Very convenient for us since we live only a couple of miles from that shop.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:51 AM   #6
grayghost

Others might disagree with me, but I would not want to own one of those huge motorhomes and have to pull a vehicle behind it.

we saw a motorhome on the travel channel that had a garage built in. the garage door opened at the rear of the motorhome, a ramp came down, and out came a little car that the owners could tool around in. price for motorhome: $350,000.00
Old 09-21-2003, 01:03 PM   #7
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Is this the motorhome you were thinking of?

It's the new Travel Supreme Mid-Engine Diesel Pusher. http://www.travelsupreme.com/products/me2.asp
(Mini Cooper sold separately )

At least you wouldn't have to worry about your dinghy getting all dirty while traveling. ;D
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:11 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

We were constrained by a homeowners' association that required RVs and campers to be kept in the garage - or off site (quite expensive). So our first consideration was - how could we get the most living space in that maximum closed size? We had about talked ourselves into a Coleman Niagara, but the idea of camping in bear country in a canvas-sided trailer worried my wife, so we procrastinated. We looked at a few Hi-Lo's, but in a size that would fit our garage, they weren't all that big. And they were heavy! On a whim one day, we walked into a local RV dealer's showroom to talk, and once he realized he wasn't going to make a sale (he dealt in full-size units only), he steered us to the TM web site. And we never looked back.

According to the web site, anyway, the 2720SL with swing-away tongue would fit our garage with inches to spare. It was much bigger than a Hi-Lo, and had great amenities. The Providence RI RV Show was coming up, so we drove down, and met Dana Cheyne from MCD RV. He had three units on the Show floor, let us play with one for an hour, walked us through all of questions, watched us set it up/take it down several times - and we were sold. Dana managed to get super-fast delivery from the factory, to meet our upcoming travel schedule, and we have been enthusiastic owners ever since.

So it was size that got us there initially - but quality that kept us happy. And this board has been a big part of that picture - I have learned a LOT from the people here. Thanks, Chris!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:22 PM   #9
grayghost

ray, yes that's the motor home we saw on the travel channel. what a different approach to the tow idea.

Old 09-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #10
Windbreaker

I first saw an ad back in the late '80 and thought, if I ever get one, that will be the one. We were so busy working that we had no time to travel. Never could work it so that we were both off at the same time. When we retired I started looking, you know just to make sure.

Just happened to stumble upon a used unit that had only been use 13 nights and only about 200 miles from here. Sent a email, she said she would bring it down for us to see, and we ended up keeping it. Still think it is the best for us. My wife does not like driving at all and is very unsure when pulling. I had never pulled anything and was unsure also.

Now, I just whip around the in the thing like I'd been driving big rigs my whole life. No worries, well almost none, I do worry that when I pass someone I might not leave enough room sometimes.