TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
FarmerBill

Default New owner

We, (wife and I), just purchased a new, (2006), 2720SL 2 weeks ago and I have been reading the manuals and this site ever since. I am even more impressed with the engineering of this unit than I was before.

Pages 19-20 list 9 easy steps to winterizing the TM, is that all there is to it?

We previously had a Coleman Laramie PU for 18 years so this is a huge step up with many more mechanicals than before.

BTW, my TVs are a 2000 Silverado Ext cab or a 2002 Trailblazer.

This is a wonderful site keep up the good work.

Bill
FarmerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
MidwestDave

Talking Welcome

Welcome FarmerBill and wife ! You will find this form a GOLD mine of information. You will want to spend the $12 and become a sponsor. This will let you go to more detailed information than a "trial member". I studied the information for five months before we got our 2006-2720. I am still learning from the other members on the form. Yes, there is a bunch of mechanical things to learn, but you will be in good hands on this form. Good Luck!

Midwest Dave
Cold Northwestern Illinois
Old 10-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Catawbalea

We followed the TrailManor manual directions to open faucet and drain the four points below. We found we had more water in the trailer when we lowered the front of the trailer. We thought all faucets had been opened, but now wonder. Should we have run the pump? Reading all the posts made me nervous about running it with empty lines.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
Catawbalea

We opened all drain valves and thought all water had drained out. We have never used the pump this year. The 'extra' water, about a quart, came from the second valve from the front. We guessed it was the water heater? That we have never used either. We are old pop up, bring in 5 gal jugs and do fine if we don't have city water connections.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catawbalea View Post
We followed the TrailManor manual directions to open faucet and drain the four points below. We found we had more water in the trailer when we lowered the front of the trailer. We thought all faucets had been opened, but now wonder. Should we have run the pump? Reading all the posts made me nervous about running it with empty lines.
How interesting! I had a similar experience. Except I raised the front of the trailer and had water run out of the water heater drain valve. Apparently the water heater will not completely drain if the trailer is level?
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catawbalea View Post
We opened all drain valves and thought all water had drained out. We have never used the pump this year. The 'extra' water, about a quart, came from the second valve from the front. We guessed it was the water heater? That we have never used either. We are old pop up, bring in 5 gal jugs and do fine if we don't have city water connections.
If you used city water at any time the hot water heater also fills with water. But as Leon noted, the second valve in from the street side is for the fresh water tank.
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Complete Documentation

We had several Coleman PUs, before we finally wised up and got our TrailManor.

The first thing that impressed me - when we picked up our new TM - was the amount of time and effort spent to make sure we understood how to operate everything.

The second thing was the documentation, complete - even down to including a page with TM ID info and Brand, Model #, and Serial Number for every major component.

You will also find that Ed Lytle (TrailManor's Customer Service Rep.) is a valuable resource for getting answers and replacement parts under warrantee. A lot of companies I've dealt with offer lip-service to service, but TrailManor really means it when they say they want satisfied customers!

The forum is one of the best online resources I've seen. I recommend that you print a copy of Mike and Kelly's manual at
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2472. It fills in some of the blanks we encountered as new owners (e.g., the PROPER way to crank out the awning and set it up.).

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote