TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
coachmike

Default Any TM owners in Miami, FL?

Was wondering if there were any members of this forum in the Miami, (Kendall), Fl area. Would love to talk and or visit with you to get your first hand experiences with the TM.

Thanks,

Mike Crosa
Old 12-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
coachmike

Default Miami TM owners

Hi Leon,

I have done various searches but could not come up with anything on Miami, thus my inquiry. There is a lot of good information here but I crave more.

Mike
Old 12-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
coachmike

I want to sit in one. I would like to see it being open and closed. I would like to try to open and close.

A few questions which can be answered here. If you have the kitchen cabinet which is to be taken down prior to lowering. Is it emptied first? Or just man handled down. Thinking of the wife putting in glasses etc. etc. in there. So if it is emptied where do you put the stuff. I guess my major question is, Where do you put all the stuff?

Thanks,

Mike Crosa
Old 12-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
BobRederick

Mike
The hanging cabinet is very light made of foam cored wood. Keep lightweight things in it to keep it light and it is pretty easy to put in place. I keep paper bowls, plates, glasses, coffee filters and the likes in it.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Only put lightweight stuff in the cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmike
A few questions which can be answered here. If you have the kitchen cabinet which is to be taken down prior to lowering. Is it emptied first? Or just man handled down. Thinking of the wife putting in glasses etc. etc. in there. So if it is emptied where do you put the stuff. I guess my major question is, Where do you put all the stuff?

Thanks,

Mike Crosa
I don't empty my overhead cabinet before lowering it...and I put all my serving plates and drinkware in it. But I also make sure that it contains only lightweight, unbreakable items...the plates/dishes are all lightweight and (virtually) unbreakable melamine (the designer kind from Target); the drinkware is all very lightweight and (nearly) unbreakable lexan (some bought at Camping World; most ordered from SomethingBrilliant.com). Even the fancy wine "glasses", martini "glasses", and margarita "glasses" that I bring along...all lexan. I even have a small, ultra lightweight stainless steel martini shaker in the cabinet...being as I'm a follower of the "shaken, not stirred" school of martini imbibers.

Some folks stuff the cabinet with disposable and very lightweight paper/plastic plates and cups. If you can stand to eat off of a paper plate on a regular basis or drink out of a paper cup , this is a good solution. I personally can't so I went with durable & aesthetically attractive, yet lightweight/unbreakable items.

The thing you don't want to do is fill the cabinet with real china/stoneware plates and actual glass drinkware. These materials are not only very heavy...way too heavy for the wall supports as well as to lift up/down...but also quite likely to shatter.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:29 AM   #6
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

Ditto the above. Paper products, foil, baggies, koozies etc. It has a lot of stuff in it but still very lite.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #7
coachmike

I had already checked. Closest dealer to me is about 2 hours away. That is why I was hoping to find someone closer who would like to talk about their TM. So far it looks like I will be taking a drive.

Mike
Old 12-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #8
Freedom

You might try PMing "grill-n-go '04 tundra 4x4,'03 2720SL Coral Springs FL".
Old 12-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Hi Mike,

Sorry about the late response, I was away until this morning. Feel freel to PM me. Also take a look at millsmotors.com in Pompano Beach.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote