TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
jww1423

Question A/C effectiveness for rear bed

We are thinking about a TM purchase and since we will be traveling in the Southeast most of the time, I have some a/c concerns. How well does the roof mounted a/c cool the extremities (beds) of the trailer. I know that some older TMs had a roof channel to direct the cool air to the rear bed. Is that still an option. It seems to me that the air will be cool in the middle of the trailer but warmer at the beds (ends), and I prefer cooler sleeping temperatures.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

It can get real cool in the bed. We like to sleep with it quite cool, I do have to draw the curtain part was to keep the "cool wind" off my neck and face! The fan is very strong even on the low cool setting! Blows right down the hall to the rear bed. The front couch is keep cool, and is not as strong a breeze as there is not a hall way to make a tunnel effect
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
jackehop41

I'll second that! Just got a TM but both short trips in NC with temps over 90, the A/C on low was more than adequate.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

Default A/C Deflector Plate

Take a look at the curved metal plate painted white and mounted on the roof joint area immediately adjacent to the roof A/C of the TM. Its purpose (using the same principle of the curve of an airplane wing) is to deflect the A/C's output more effectively to the rear. Clever (and very effective)! Cheers, Dick
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
jlh29303

Default Air Condx Effectiveness

You would not believe how cool the back bed area gets! We camped this weekend at Lake Wateree, SC State Park. Temps were in the low 80s at night. We had the air conditioner on low cool with the thermostat set about half way. We had to stay under the comforter. We have the low profile air conditioner and we could not ask for better performance. Our TM was like an ice box. Nice insulation.

Jimbo
Old 07-15-2005, 05:21 AM   #6
Queeniereads

We just returned from our first extended trip with Iris, our TM 3124KS. THe AC worked great and kept us cool throughout . I was surprised at how efficient it was , cooling us down very quickly even in 96 degree Ohio humidity and heat. Queeniereads aka Judi