TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
mkayers

Default Well we get the twisted tongue fixed and...

Take our first trip since having the frame fixed and go to grab some stuff from under the bed and have the same problem an earlier poster had. The headboard rips off the wall and tears the wood from speaker to speaker. Another problem they knew about and had a fix for but didn't recall. I'm beginning to regret ever buying this.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Bigbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayers View Post
Take our first trip since having the frame fixed and go to grab some stuff from under the bed and have the same problem an earlier poster had. The headboard rips off the wall and tears the wood from speaker to speaker. Another problem they knew about and had a fix for but didn't recall. I'm beginning to regret ever buying this.
Mkayers,

I seriously recommend you read through the posts in this Elkmont session and demand that your dealer make sure fixes are in place for all of the known "early model" problems that '09 Elkmont owners had. I know of:

- tongue issue
- bed ripping off wall
- leaking roof
- gas line kinks
- abrasions in exposed brake wiring causing brake failures
- kinks in copper propane lines
- suburban heater installed improperly

We have a mid-year 2010 model, and (knock wood) so far our issues have been minor and mostly cosmetic. I'm hoping we got lucky and bought a unit produced after the kinks had been worked out. But I do occasionally think back to when we bought ours, where we almost went for the used 2009 model they had to save a couple thousand. I'm so glad, with what I know now, that we bought what we did. I have to say that we've been delighted with our Elkmont.

What part of the world are you from and where did you buy your rig?

And by the way, Good luck. I hope you work your way through this with as little financial and emotional pain as possible...
Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
mkayers

We live in mid-Michigan & bought our unit from Freeway RV in Midland. They no longer carry Trailmanor & one guy said it's because of the way the early Elkmonts were handled. They still do warranty work for them luckily. I've checked the heater installation & all the other issues. We've been lucky enough to not have any leaks. So hopefully this will be the last issue & we'll have smooth sailing from here on out.