TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
Rich_in_Tampa

Just got back from hours of poking around a large selection of TMs at Sun Coast RV here in St. Pete. Great selection, decent and knowledgeable salesman. The more I learned and poked around the more I became impressed with the ingenuity of the thing. So here are some questions I would love to have answered by my fellow consumers rather than a salesman:

1. Nothing but a vinyl flap separating me from the outside world. Any issues relating to wind, rain, security, insulation, tearing over time, snagging during setup, etc.?

2. We had no room to actually open and collapse the unit, something I intend to insist upon prior to possible purchase.

Seems to me that access to the interior (fridge, cabinets, etc. ) is impossible when the thing is collapsed, true? If so, it seems that pre-trip stocking involves opening the stored unit, loading it up, then closing it again before departure and the, of course, opening it at destination, closing it for the trip home, opening it again for cleanout and unstocking, then closing it for storage.

Since we plan lots of shorter trips until my retirement is this a legitimate concern? Or is opening and closing it that easy and quick? Or can you sneak in while it's collapsed to stick a few items in the cabinets?

3. Outside storage seems rather limited. Camping recliner chairs, bikes, and so on need a place in our lives. Are there sensible and not ridiculously priced options here? I have a cargo carrier but hope not to need it off the back of the TM.

4. How is side-to-side leveling and stabilizing handled: wheel chocks? Or are the built-in jacks adequate for most reasonabe campsites?

5. The infamous recycling toilet. In a real world setting, how many flushes, days, etc. can you expect before things get really unpleasant? I don't see a problem if you have a sewer dump station at your campsite, but I'd hate to have to hitch up and travel to the communal sewer dump every 2-3 days while staying at a state park. I realize this is subjective, dependent on your usage pattern, etc. but am looking for some kind of ballpark input.

6. In a pinch, could my 122 lb fit but slight wife open and shut this thing? We couldn't try it out at the dealer due to space constraints on the lot.

Overall, we were impressed with the space, ease of use, towability. The quality seemed decent, and the unit was bright with two skylights, a fan, lots of windows. If the trade-in price is right, we may go for it.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.