TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
masterge

Default Closed Size

Ok, let me get this right. Model 2720 is lsited as 20'3" when closed. So theway I understand the swing hitch, it would only be 18'3" when the swing hitch is retracted. So if I have a 19ft long garage, it will fit. Do I have this right?

I really want one of these?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
camp2canoe

Default closed size

I bought a 2619 as it was the only TM that would fit in my rather small garage even with the swing away tongue. One hint: our garage doors have an adjustment bar with various holes for adjustment. By cutting off the unused section of that adjustment bar (which connects the door to the attachment on the chain) I gained several inches of clearance for the TM air conditioner. If you are challenged on width, consider not ordering the awning. - Camp2Canoe
Old 09-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
PopBeavers

When backing my 2720 into the garage, if I go a little too far, the rear receiver hitch hits the wall first. This is ok with me, because otherwise it would be the shell that hits and not the bumper.

If you are real tight on length, don't the rear receiver.

I can clear a standard door header, and I have both the lift kit and the roof a/c. Somewhere I posted the exact height of the header for my door.

My garage is about 19 feet 11 3/4 inches. I have a lot of room for length with the swing tongue.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Your estimates are correct. Check the height with the air conditioner. Height never crossed my mind till I was backing it into the garage for the first time. I have about 1-1/2" to spare... piece of cake.. no problem.. whew!

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grill-n-go
Your estimates are correct. Check the height with the air conditioner. Height never crossed my mind till I was backing it into the garage for the first time. I have about 1-1/2" to spare... piece of cake.. no problem.. whew!
You are lucky. My vertical clearance is about a quarter inch. I drive real slow.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

No vertical problem, but our 2619 (not a swing tongue) fits into our "twenty foot" garage with about 2 inches to spare. If the garage walls were sheetrocked in I probably wouldn't make it...

Note, it is a 2001 with spare wheel on the bumper. If that wasn't there (as in the newer models) I would have no issue since I would then have 6-8 inches of clearance. But, then where would I put our US map with the states we've visited filled in?
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote