TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #11
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

We have a pull-down awning over the big window on the road-side of our 2619 and the darkest reflective window film our installer could come up with. Both help but then we don't even have an air conditioner. I think it was Denny who said he had good luck by running his overhead fan along with the side air conditioner. The trick is to replace hot air with cool and there are probably several ways to do that.

I have been considering a portable air conditioner as a way to keep the cabinet space but still cool things down. Unfortunately they weigh 60-70 lbs and I'm not sure how much fun one would be to haul around.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #12
Maxine

Default Thanks,

I appreciate the advice. We will try to make sure next time we have plenty of shade and I will purchase some special foil for the windows. Also position a fan to move the air better. Our 22 day hot spell of temperatures over one hundred degrees has broken, thank goodness.
I really can't wait to get to Pismo Beach!!! I belonged to the Pismo Coast Village Park when my son's were small and we had a Motor Home. That was about thiry years ago and lot's of changes have taken place. Son's grown and on their own etc.
Now at Pismo Coast Village Park one can rent a space which is pretty reasonable. Compared to a Motel. The park is right on the beach and Pismo Beach is great for long walks with all the great sounds, smells and view of the ocean.
I think our TM will be fantastic there.
Maxine