TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

We have used the awning the least...and I have a nice mat for underneath it. DH never seemed to want to put either out so we did not use them. Our last camping trip...to the Ocala National Forest we did put them out as well as four chairs. My DH found he LOVES the awning and the mat. The mat helps to keep the floors cleaner and we had friends constantly dropping by to see what kind of camper it was and what the inside locked like. We camped on site of the Traditional Bowhunters of Florida Archery Tournament. Several friends with large 5th wheels are considering selling and getting a TM. We use the radio some but not a lot...we use it more if we can not pick up tv channels...or want to watch a DVD.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #12
Scott O

Our TM is put away in the garage, maybe someone else can respond with a picture of the factory screen. It is basically about 6 strips of 5" screen, each attached with velcro at the top. They just hang down, overlapping a little, and blowing in the breeze. Sorta clever, but useless IMHO! It probably keeps out small birds, but not much else!!! But it is better than nothing.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
PopBeavers

I have used the a/c twice in 3 years. We rarely have hookups.

I used the awning a couple of times until it tore.

I did not get the television antenna.

I have never used the rear hitch.

I do use the front cabinets, but there is not much in them.

I want to add the over stove cabinet.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
2bcs1jrt

We have used the awning one time in 3 years.

Cheri
Old 05-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #15
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Didn't get antenna or awning. Our least used was the wardrobe - it was kind of in the way, so I took it out.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
wmtire

I have never used the awning, front cabinets, or spare tire. However, that doesn't mean I won't ever have a use for them.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #17
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We got rid of the A/C when it died, but I might get a new one in case I want to go somewhere hot this summer. We used it on one trip and that was it.

We use the TV antenna once in a while. It works quite well in case we want to watch the weather & catch up on the news. I have yet to find a 12V digital converter box. Bought an AC one for the house here and we get absolutely nothing with it. At least with the analog broadcast signals we get a few fuzzy stations. I guess that will stop in 2009.

We love the awning. We often camp in the fog and it is nice to be able to sit outside in the morning on a dry chair, read, and enjoy a cup of coffee. We use it when we go to the lake, too. It seems to help keep the interior cooler and it's nice to have the shade.

Our gas oven gets a lot of use. I would miss it if we didn't have it; we cook most of our meals at the campsite. We bring along a microwave when we have hookups. It fits right into the spot where the side A/C used to be but I can take it in and out.

We don't use the furnace much, but it's not an option. Our TM is pretty basic, no built-in TV, no radio, no extra hanging cabinets, no outside shower.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
Al-n-Sue

We've only been out 2 times in our TM, but having 2 friends with a TM for several years, I pretty well know what I'll use and not use.

The outside shower will probably never get used. We don't live near a beach or do things that would render us muddy or dirty enough to require an outside cleanup. Plus it is generally too cold in the Colorado mountains to get wet outside - even in summer.

I'm not sure I'll use the cabinets over the front bunk - we have so much space elsewhere that the effort to put anything there is more than it is worth. At least at this point. Maybe our stuff will grow to fit the space we have.

I may eventually use the antenna, but we camp to get away from the TV.

We don't use the privacy curtains but those are not options so we just store them. If one of our kids (and spouse) ever camp with us, we might use them.

We use or want about everything else - two hanging cabinets (over sink and over stove), A/C (although not needed in mtns, we may take trips to hotter locals now that we have it), radio -we love listening to CDs when we are sitting around, love the gas oven, love the furnace although we use a portable electric when we can, and I love the awning - sitting under it with a cup of tea and reading is my preferred camping pasttime. We also have a "patio mat" and I second whoever said it helps keep the floors clean.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #19
LittleRhodey

Default Other thoughts

Although several of you have said that you don't use the awning, we did not have ours delivered with one, and I miss having it. We have been camping in cold, wet, rainy weather two times already, and I don't like getting wet the second I open the door. Also the camping books we store in the door get wet. And I would like to get a mat for outside the door to limit tracked in dirt from our 6 year old and others. As for the cabinets in front, we use them for games, DVD's, bird and plant guides, and binoculars. It is just right for our 6 year old to store her little things.

It's funny. If you don't have it, you wish you had it. And if you have it, you wish you hadn't bothered. I think the real reason for the discrepancy between owners is the varied locations you use your TM. Here in the Northeast, we need the awning, mat, and AC. In CA, AZ or CO, the weather is very different and you have different needs. For example, since we got our TM last month, we have never camped without turning on the furnace. It has been down to the 30's a majority of nights. And yet I anticipate using the AC in Ohio this July.

That all being said, we love our TM!