TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #11
irenepl

You can move your tape anywhere you want to get 4.5" but here is a tru 5 on 4.5" wheel measured the same way. I don't believe that there is any way these two are interchangable.
Wayde
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
irenepl

Here is a true 5 on 4.5" from my utility trailer. I was always told to measure from inside to center. Let me know if I am wrong, however, I do not believe that these two wheels are interchangable.
Wayde
Old 02-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenepl View Post
Here is a true 5 on 4.5" from my utility trailer. I was always told to measure from inside to center. Let me know if I am wrong, however, I do not believe that these two wheels are interchangable.
Wayde
Wayde, the second pic you posted is what we refer to as a 5 on 5. 5 bolt on 5 inch pattern. You may see this pattern on many applications, with utility trailers especially.

The first pic you posted will be the only true 5 on 4 1/2. You will measure from the outside to the center for odd numbered bolt patterns like a 5 bolt hole.

You can go to most trailer supply stores and buy a plastic bolt hole pattern template. You just turn it until the holes line up and you can read the pattern size. Here is a link to show you how to correctly measure across the holes. It just says the same thing as the links Bill gratiousely provided in an earlier post.

http://abctrailerparts.com/trailer-w...-patterns.html

Here is a downloadable template that everyone can print out and use, to measure their wheel patterns.

http://www.trailercanada.com/pdf_doc...letemplate.pdf

You are correct in the wheels not being interchangeable. A 5 on 5 and a 5 on 4 1/2 will not interchange.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
irenepl

WMTIRE. Thanks for the info. I have been doing it wrong all these years. lol
Wayde
Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
wmtire

Wayde, you are most welcome. That's what we are all here on this forum for, to help each other out. You will never meet a better group of people, who will take time to out of their lives to share their knowledge and wisdom with you. I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned here from others.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #16
irenepl

That why I became a sponsor today. Quick and informative. I just purchase my TM in November and have had to park it. To much snow to even open it up. Waiting desperately for spring.
Again, Thanks for the help.
Wayde