TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
viking

Default Rotate Tires on 3326?

Is there any reason on the 3326 to rotate the tires (front to back and back to front)? I had a Jayco pop up that had two axels and the front tires wore more than the back tires.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
wmtire

Personally, I wouldn't see the benefit on rotating the tires on a trailer, unless there was considerably more prounounced wear on one pair of tires. Rotating them under that circumstance, would prolong the time until they all wore out enough to replace them. Of course, you are going to have to put MANY miles on them to get to that point. I think father time is the biggest enemy, more than mileage-------until you get to the point of replacement on a trailer. The recommendation is to replace your trailer tires at least every 5 years, regardless of wear.

If you do see one axle wearing out tires faster than another, this can also be an indicator that the trailer isn't being pulled level, compared to your tow vehicle.

If the wear is more on the front axle, this might indicate that the trailer tongue is being towed too low, putting more weight on the forward axle.......while rear axle wear could indicate the trailer tongue is too high.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
viking

Thanks Bobby
Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
cmc211

I have never rotated my tires and I have about 15,000 mile on them. They look like they are wearing evenly.