TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
brookside

Default Why So Many Newer Units For Sale?

I have been watching the "For Sale" for several months but with a low budget we really aren't looking for the 2003 - 2006 but so many people seem to be selling their 2006's. I can't help but wonder why. I have seen Trailmanor and think they are great but I, myself, would just buy new rather than newer if I can't find a nicer, older used model. I do know that some people believe they can buy a unit and vacation with it (saving on rental fees for an RV) and then resell for nearly what they bought it for - I don't recommend trying it since I haven't really seen it work with the rate at which an RV depreciates. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Cathy
Old 03-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
PopBeavers

Today, gasoline reached a new all time high in San Francisco. Some stations is SF are almost to 4.

San Jose is 3.24 for regular. My local station was a cheap 3.14 yesterday.

I, too, have noticed that there are many one year old TM's posted for sale. I do not recall seeing that many during the past two years that I have been here.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
2bcs1jrt

I have a Prius and love it. I can't wait til I can buy a hybrid TV. Or better yet, electric!
Cheri
Old 03-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
wwjam

Default Reason for selling our trailer.

We think the TrailManor is a great trailer. It's efficient, well made and attractive. It tows beautifully and doesn't add much to our gas price. We had never towed anything before and had only our Explorer to tow with, so it was perfect for us. Now, we have a truck and want to have a bigger rig. We're not the kind of people that spend all our time outside, but do like to at least part of the day when it's not raining. which it does that a lot here. For that reason, and because we want to go on more extended trips we are getting a fifth wheel. I also need a walk around bed because of my knees. It's noting at all against the TM, in fact, every time I go out and look at it I can't help but be proud of it.

Gas prices are a concern though.

Jo Ann
Old 03-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

In our case, health issues have been the major factor in selling our 2006 3023 and moving up to a 5th wheel (texas camper had us nailed there). Additionally, as a result of how much we have enjoyed getting out and camping in our TM we have found that we are out 3-4 weekends per month! My goal when I retired from the reserves was to replace my 1 weekend a month drill weekend with a camping weekend.

Unfortunately I still have to work and can not get out as early as I like on Fridays so we repeatedly found ourselves arriving just in time or even at the tail end of the pot luck dinners the various groups we belong to like to have. We "anticipate" with the 5th wheel being able to pull in, level, plug in, and run down to dinner. (bed already made when we get back, including the memory foam mattress, TV available if we want to watch it, no cabinets to hang, no gear to move off the floor, no electical cords to put in place etc.)

It would probably not be a big deal if we only used our unit every 4-6 weeks and for longer than for a weekend but it starts to get old real quick when you go through the setup breakdown 5 weekends in a row! Our usage patter changed and combined with my wife possibly being toast stamina wise as early as 6 pm we decided to change to something more in line with how we now camp. Thanks to the providence of the man upstairs we are in a position to do this. I cannot and will not say I made a mistake buying the TM because I don't believe that or look at it that way. The TM was so much more enjoyable and fun than our popup we fell madly in love with camping and found we want even more convience than when we moved up to a TM. Time will tell if we were foolish or wise. I do have to admit that while bringing the 5th wheel home and the rear wheel fell off the truck while we were traveling down the turnpike at 65 MPH if that was a sign that we made a mistake but considering the miraculeous results, (no injuries, minor damage to the truck, none to the trailer, fixed and back on the road in 4 hours on a Friday afternoon) I couldn't have been more blessed at that time.

Anyway enough ramblings,

Bill