TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Hi there I have a few questions...

Gee where to begin...We are considering buying a 3124KS. We looked at a new one yesterday...and really liked it. Currently we have a 2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30RLS. We bought this unit in May and still do not have a tag for it. We are on our 3rd temporary tag and have heard that the legal limit is two. We have spoken to the RV dealership "Suncoast" in Jacksonville...and two weeks ago they were going to personally hand walk it through the dmv...still NO tag. Next step is to file an official complaint with the DMV, contact a lawyer and attempt to return the unit. We purchased the unit May 28, 2006.

The Outback is very nice...but if...the title is cloudy and they are unable to produce a tag then I no longer want the unit. Now that we have used the camper...we have realized...it sure is a great big thing to lug around... So if it has to go back...if they can't get us a tag (it is financed through Thor) then I don't want to make payments forever only to find out we have a unit with no title...plus...it is a PIA to keep having to beg for another temp tag...so we can camp. Sooooooo if it must go back...I think we will get either a Hi Lo or a Trail Manor.

Trail Manor in my humble opinion are much prettier/nicer then Hi LO...and they apprear to be very well made. I do have a few questions though...

We had a 2004 Chevrolet Duramax Diesel and it has E rated tires with 80 psi...my dh wonders if we upgrade the TM tires will the unit still tow as well? I think the TM tires are D rated.

The curtains seem a lil skimpy...are they adequate? Can film be put on windows (like on a car)? How about on the window with the screen??? Do the screens come off?

Do the RV dealers really expect us to pay MSRP??? Did you pay it if you bought new??? Which dealers have the best prices?

I know I had more questions...but that is all I can think of right now. Thanks for your help!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Senorsedona

Talking Some answers...I hope

First off I'm sorry to hear about your problems, hopefully you can get the TM.

Putting a higher rated tire on the TM should not effect the towing

The drapes seem to work out fine, I'm on my 2nd TM with no problems.

Yes, you can put film on the windows. That is my next project.

Hopefully you can join the family of happy TM owners.

Tell DH he will need to put a anchor out when he tows the TM, he will fly over the mountains.

Good Luck.........

Jack
Old 09-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
Hi-Lo's are good trailers...But you have to get one of the larger ones to get a permanent bed. I understand that the top part of the bathroom is a curtain, not hard walls like a TM. Hi-Lo's are heavier, most have tandem axles. One of their units, and perhaps more have a swing out wall which gives lots more room. It all depends on your lifestyle....
I'm just guessing here but I would think you can get a TM for about 85 percent of the MSRP....Depends on supply and demand, season and location....and sometimes the dealer will throw in options as an incentive to buy....
The curtains on my 2619 are just fine...I've added some thick poster board to cover the overhead vents... that old Texas sun sure gets hot at midday, but the a/c works fine.....Film helps on the windows, no problems...The screens wont come off...kinda hard to keep the windows clean at times....
Good luck on your search....

Thanks Leon...I have heard how hot it was in Texas this Summer! Did the 13,500 ac keep up for you while camping or preparing to camp???

...I asked about putting a 15,000 ac in and the dealership said no can do they only come from the factory with 13,500. For the window film what do you do...put it on the outsideof the window?

Our lifestyle is ummmm casual...we bow hunt and fish also flounder gig. We also do a lot of traditional archery tournaments.

Thanks, Dina
Old 09-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorsedona
First off I'm sorry to hear about your problems, hopefully you can get the TM.

Putting a higher rated tire on the TM should not effect the towing

The drapes seem to work out fine, I'm on my 2nd TM with no problems.

Yes, you can put film on the windows. That is my next project.

Hopefully you can join the family of happy TM owners.

Tell DH he will need to put a anchor out when he tows the TM, he will fly over the mountains.

Good Luck.........

Jack
Hi Jack...will you put the film on the inside or outside of the windows? LOL...I will tell him.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
Our a/c does a fine job, even on the hot muggy coast....but again, we have the smallest TM.....Put the film on the inside.....
Even with a 3124 model, if you cool the unit down early in the day and use oscillating fans, it should stay comfortable....not cold, but comfy...
Thanks for the info! How do you get to the glass on the other side of the screen to put the film on?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
Senorsedona

Thumbs up Window tinting

Hi..............You put the plastic on the inside of the window, do not use Windex once you have installed the covering.
I also use the foil w/air bubbles inside over the windows when it is extremely hot or cold out side. These are removable and cut to size. They really help.

Have fun.....

Jack
Old 09-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
Tonopah

The 2007 TMs have tinted windows.
My TM resided in Yuma, AZ for a few days at the begining of this month and the temps hit 111 during the day with a lot of humidity. A/C worked great. Still 102 degrees at night and I had to turn the air down somewhat. I did use a small (6 inch) fan to help move the air to the bed area, but really, the A/C worked beyond my expectations.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the info!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 AM   #9
Queeniereads

We have a 3124KS and we love it. It tows easily and with minimum gas waste. THey are fairly well thought through, so everything on ours functions well. THe only modifications we made were to put wash basins (square ones from Walmart ) in the cabinets on the shelves to hold the dishes, canned foods, etc., and to replace the chair with a good low-backed recliner from a furniture store. We also padded the bed with an inch of memory foam. THe curtains are fine -- just remember to use two hands to slide them and always close them before you close up the unit. Again, we love our TM and it is especially precious after we had an accident with a TT. We have no worries about towing a TM. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 09-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks Judi....I fell in love with the one we looked at on Saturday. I hope we are able to get it. We had a pop up many years ago and I loved it...I like the beds two...and thought they were more comfortable then then bed in the Outback. We now have memory foam on that bed and sleep well. Where can I find 1 inch memory foam when we need it? I loved the floor plan and color scheme of the 2007 and that there is NO carpet. What a joy to just sweep and mop!!! Thanks again, Dina