TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
thewitzclan

Default Question on Kia Sedona

We are buying a 3023 Trailmanor from one of your forum users. We currently have a Coleman Mesa which is about the same size open as the 3023Trailmanor, and about 3 ft shorter closed, and weighs probably about 350 lbs less. We have been hauling the Mesa around with our Kia Sedona without a problem, can't really even tell we're hauling it. But I'm getting a little concerned using it as a TV for the Trailmanor.
I've been doing a bit of research and I've found that although the tow rating on the Sedona in the US is 3500lbs, it is 4400lbs in England and Australia. (Which makes me wonder why every minivan has a 3500lb tow rating here in the US?!?!) We've also called a local dealer and he said the Sedona should have no problem hauling that size Trailmanor. I'm thinking with the low profile of the Trailmanor it makes a big difference with drag, making it easier to tow, allowing a vehicle with a lower tow rating to haul it.
What do you guys think?
Cathy

By the way, I'M SO EXCITED!!! Been wanting one of these since we bought our Mesa.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
thewitzclan

Right now we have done all our camping here in Michigan. There is SO MUCH to see and do here. The farthest we've gone is St. Ignace in the U.P. and we had no problem crossing the Big Mac Bridge with the Sedona hauling the Mesa. We don't plan on taking long trips to the mountains or anything. Now in 2 years my husband plans on retiring and that's when we plan on traveling outside the state on longer trips, then we will probably buy a new TV.
Thanks for your input. Would like more, just to ease my mind.
Cathy