TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Dang! Maxxis Tires went up in $

I bought 2 of my 15" Maxxis tires last year, they were about $100. each. Finally decided that I should get a matching spare....$150. !!!!! Guess it was a bad decision to wait !
Old 04-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Pitbull

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...il.do?pc=46113

Koz
Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

cost of oil is up so everything else goes up! put four new shoes on the TV....$800 and thats at the cheap place

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Redhawk

What the heck? Thanks Mr Pitbull, (Koz) I'm going to take that to them and see what they say. Discount is where I ordered it from.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
What the heck? Thanks Mr Pitbull, (Koz) I'm going to take that to them and see what they say. Discount is where I ordered it from.
This tire size can be had with two load ratings (D or E). The E cost more but would not be needed as a spare. The E rated tire will be my next replacement tire.

Koz
Old 04-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
wmtire

Welcome to my world everyone. Tire prices are skyrocketing. We are having price increases it seems like daily. It's more than just the oil prices. The cost of natural rubber has went thru the roof. It has doubled in a year.

They are telling us (and you know how they do us), that there has been so much rain over in the asian-pacific countries that most of the rubber trees are in, that the supply is way down. I suspect the real truth is the market speculators (just like oil) are driving the prices way up.

There is also a real tire shortage here. There are many tires and sizes I can't even get. Here again, 'they' say that China and India are consuming so much with their growing economies, that we are going to have to compete with them. I am seeing a lot of tire companies, in trying to keep up with their own demand, have stopped or curtailed even producing a lot of the private label brand names......which just let's them charge an even higher premium for their own brand of tires........by taking some of the competition out of the market.

Another thing was this 3 year import tire tax that your president put on Chinese tires. That made some tire manufacturers shift or stop their production of US bound tires....which has also helped fuel the crazy tire price increases we are seeing here. The ones that do get here are tacked with a 30+ percent import tax. Like it or not, these tires did sorta help keep other tire prices down.

Here is an example, which my manager and I looked up the other day while we were discussing this same thing. The exact same tire that I sold right at 3 years ago for $96.64 is now $183.89......and climbing.

The trade journals keep telling us to not expect anything but more increases for the forseeable future. I will forwarn you a little, we have already gotten notice that Goodyear is going up another 8% the first of May, so if you are holding off buying tires, you might want to think about it. They are about to cost you even more.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
Brutus

Ok Bobby, you're scared me into pulling the trigger today on some tires. Bought the 15" 2600# rims last fall and waited for this year's tire production run. Got a pair of Carlisle 225/75/15 E load tires each running for $105 + $16 mount and balance + tax. Metal valve stems included. DOT code is 0211 (3 months old). Using a 14" tire I bought last year as the spare. Thanks for the heads up on the price increases! (And yes, the TM already has the lift kit added.)
r/
Pat

{Edit} Forgot to mention. I bought them at Discount Tire. They had these in stock and matched the price from discounttiredirect.com. Based on what I've read on this forum, I didn't really care who the tire manufacturer was as long as I got a 15" E tire with metal stems and a decent DOT date code...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #8
Redhawk

Hey Mr Pitbull, I went to discount tire with the print out from the internet and they matched the price! You saved me some money....and I have to ask, are you a pitbull owner?

The Discount Tire people have always treated me well, so it's not a big surprise. Thanks for putting everything in perspective Bobby.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
Steppy

Default Cheaper here in MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
I bought 2 of my 15" Maxxis tires last year, they were about $100. each. Finally decided that I should get a matching spare....$150. !!!!! Guess it was a bad decision to wait !
I only paid 116.26 per tire including mounting, balancing & MD tax last month.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Curt WDH Trunnion 800 # TW
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote