TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2003, 04:05 AM   #1
chvaka

Default New TM Owner

Just purchased a 97 3023.  This is my first TM as well as my first trailer period.  I am new to camping and have a couple of questions.  Does anyone have a list of "stuff" I need to start collecting.  Ex: propane camp stove, chemicals for toilet, etc.  Secondly, I want to get a generator.  Anyone have any suggestions?  How quiet does it have to be?  How big to power the air conditioning?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:13 AM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re: New TM Owner

Without going into a lot of detail on the other stuff, your best bet on a generator would be Harbor Freight. I purchased a 3100 watt one there with a Honda engine for right around $600.00, not a bad price if you've ever shopped around for generators, and yes, it provides quite nicely when I run the AC off of it. (But I would not want to run both the microwave and the AC at the same time). It's also fairly small. It is a bit loud, and am currently looking for the Honda quiet exhaust system that you can get on an actual Honda generator. (Anyone know where to find these things btw?)

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails...........[/glow]
Old 05-30-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
chvaka

This is just what I was looking for.  Thank you for this information.  I will be picking up the trailer either Monday or Tuesday.  I will see if it has a manual.  If not, I will definitely be calling the factory.  It looks like I need to start shopping immediately.  Does Walmart cover most of this or do I need to visit Camping World?

Thanks Again!
Old 05-31-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

I don't know if you saw the checklist that I did for a question from Bob Wilson under TIPS & TRICKS? If you didn't read it, check it out under TIPS& TRICKS, HOW TO MAKE A CHECK LIST under May 28th.

I made up a good check list when you are taking down your unit. You might want to print it and make copies for your use since you are just new to the Trailmanor. You don't want to forget something since the consequences might not be too great!!!! Hope the list will help you once you get the unit.

Happy Camping. Hope to hear more once you take delivery of your unit.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:24 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
List of stuff needed for camping... the basics might include ...
That's a great list, TC. I would make sure there is a square-drive screwdriver in the toolkit. TM used a lot of square-drive screws, and if you need to get one out (to remove a fender skirt and change a tire, for example), not much else will help.

Oh, don't forget the cordless drill with the 1/4" Allen wrench chucked in it, for cranking the stabilizers up and down quickly.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote