TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
aulii

Default 2619 vs 2720

We're hoping to join the ranks of TM owners in the near future and as part of the process of choosing which model to purchase we have a question: Is the additional storage space under the rear bed in the 2720 worth the extra money over the 2619? The extra bed space isn't an issue, so it comes down to the additional storage ???

Paul ;D
Old 08-04-2003, 09:08 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re:2619 vs 2720

That storage area is about 8 inches deep 3 feet high. The starboard side opens inside, port outside.

I don't know the price of each but inside we keep shoes, firstaid, snacks. Out side waterhose, electrical repair gear, cleaning gear (outside). If the difference is $200 or less take the larger unit.

One other thing to consider is resale, will the larger unit sale faster or higher? Judging from this board looks like lots of folks want the queen size bed.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
kdrickard
Site Sponsor

Paul,

Hard to say if the storage space is worth the difference in price. We looked at both the 2719 and 2720 and found the extra foot made a difference to us in how big it felt inside; that plus a bit more bed space made the difference for us after sitting in each model for 5-10 minutes or so.

The approx. few inches shy of a foot wide storage is divided into an inside access portion and an outside access portion. The inside portion runs about 2/3’s the width of the trailer and has a shelf and we find it’s a good place for the pillows when on the road since it keeps them clean and we don’t use those to pad the stuff on the floor. Excess junk goes in there when the trailer is up to help keep things sane. The outside portion is only accessible (like most things on the TM) when the trailer is up and has no shelf. I like to keep the fresh water hose, and other non-sewer hook-up stuff, plus camp chairs, etc. in there. This configuration is for a 2004 2720 model and I’m not sure if there are any differences with other model years.

Kevin
kdrickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 07:40 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Paul -

I've got to agree with Kevin and Windy. If I didn't have the rear compartment, I don't know where else I would keep the stuff that is in it.

Just off the top of my head, the outside compartment holds my water hose (2 lengths, short and long), pressure regulator, small charcoal grill and bag of briquets, mechanical tool kit (screwdrivers, wrenches, etc), electrical tool kit (fuses, terminals, crimp tool, cable ties, spare bulbs, etc), 25-foot 12-gauge extension cord (for campsites where the main power cord won't reach), a few pieces of dry kindling, cable TV cable, and a small Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner.

In the inside portion, we keep our pillows, an extra blanket, clean sheets if we are going to be out for more than a week, and a 5-gallon collapsible water jug stuffed into the back.

Of course, there's an old saying that "stuff expands to fill the space available". Maybe that's me ...

Bill

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
aulii

Bill, Kevin and Windbreaker: Wow! great input, thanks! We didn't realize how much "stuff" one could get into such a small space. Also, we hadn't considered the resale issue 8)

Paul