TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
wanderer

Default Trailblazers vs Trail Manor Owners Forum

Hello Bill,

I paid via personal check on July 30. In fact, yesterday, Monday I received the TrailManor Trailblazers Directory along with The Tidings from Gary Lewis. Thank you for assisting.

Norm and Pat Lehrer
2008 2619 Swing tongue
2003 GMC Envoy
Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
rumbleweed

Wanderer

Membership in the forum and trailblazers are two different things. If you sent a check to Trailblazers, you did not join this forum. This is a very common confusion. Go to the link below for the details on joining.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064
Old 08-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

It is only $12.00 even though I usually wont pay for being a member of a board I have paid it since buying our TM.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
It is only $12.00 even though I usually wont pay for being a member of a board I have paid it since buying our TM.
We get almost no SPAM and it is quickly removed.

There is also very little in-fighting here. Just sometimes a difference of opinion.

I used to also hang out at RV.net but gave up because those folks are not nearly as polite as this group I have given up. Besides, it was not TM specific.

But there is some good information there. Just related to general RVing.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
ThePair
TrailManor Master

This is the only board I have ever paid to be a member of, and I will continue to pay for as long as I have a TM. Worth every penny and then some!
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
We get almost no SPAM and it is quickly removed.

There is also very little in-fighting here. Just sometimes a difference of opinion.

I used to also hang out at RV.net but gave up because those folks are not nearly as polite as this group I have given up. Besides, it was not TM specific.

But there is some good information there. Just related to general RVing.
Darn Wayne I was just thinking of starting a fight with you!

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Just finished looking at the Trailblazers info, what little there is if you are not a member. Beyond the 10% discount on parts and service I don't see a real value to the group. They appear to hold group camp outs at places we have no desire to camp at. We bought our TM to camp in more natural settings not parking lots with maybe a little landscaping.
Just our $ .02

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
camp2canoe

DW and I sort of felt the same way about Trailblazers - we bought our TM to use on basecamping canoe trips. A few years back we were contacted by members of the Charter Chapter when they were planning an activity in our home town and just wanted some local knowledge. We felt sort of obligated to attend. We were surprised to have a great time and now regret when we can't make one of their rallies. There is no problem with a TM that someone at a rally can't fix. Sometimes the rallies are at urban locations we probably wouldn't visit on our own but sometimes they are held at really great locations we wouldn't have known about otherwise. (And it's about the only organization were we at 60ish are relative youngsters!) So I'd encourage our friends on the forum to try a rally and see if you do like it. - camp2canoe
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #9
Mccooleys

My wife and I feel the same as Camp2Canoe. We camp at State Parks or National Parks and have never had full hookups except at Trailblazer Rallies. We have attended only two and have enjoyed both. Everyone that we have met have been really good people and we consider some of them friends. It's fun to compare modifications and get advice from seasoned TM owners. So for us it's about community. We just let go of where the rally is and enjoy the people.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
ng2951

Yeah, we were the same way, except we camp at our Cowboy Action Matches. Many have some power and water, and usually no dump station. So as long as the match doesn't go beyond 4 or 5 days our TM works great for us.

When we went to Florida and stayed at one of those mega trailer farms, except for the one on the beach near St. Aug it was my least favorite place to stay.

BTW, there are a couple of county parks in FL that are outstanding on the way to Disney. Since they are at my halfway point to Mouseland World, they are my secret.