TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
appleton

Default New owner of a 2720 - questions?

Hi all. I recently stumbled across this forum while searching for answers for my new (to me) 1998 Trailmanor 2720.

I had been looking at popups, but the price was right for this unit ($3500), so I couldn't resist the urge to upgrade. Now I get to figure out how this guy works.

For starters, i need a manual for the unit. Does anyone have a scan for a 1998 2720, or can you find them on the TM website? I've been searching to no avail.

As for parts, I need some of the small interior/exterior parts to 'refresh' it about 5-10 years. I plan to replace much of the woodworking, trim, flooring, upholstery, etc. I'd like to get newer trim to go along with it. I'm obviously going to hit my local big-box home improvement store for the flooring, trim, and wood. But is it best to contact TM directly (via the TM factory parts thread) for parts?

Finally, this poor guy doesn't appear to have been waxed in over 12 years and is quite oxidized, along with much of the caulk very greyed. Any advice on a cleaner, then polisher? I was thinking of using an outdoor clorox bleach, and then hitting it with a cleaner wax like zymol or similar and a buffer. however, i've maybe read 10% of the cleaning threads, so I'm not about to start for a few weeks yet.

Mostly, thanks in advance for such an active forum. I was previously looking at Hi-Lo's, which i was discouraged due to a lack of parts/expertise due to the company closing. simply based on the activity in this forum, it appears I made the correct choice.
appleton is offline   Reply With Quote