TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
TraceyMac

Default Possible Shower Modification

Like many others here, I am interested in modifying the standard shower set up to provide more "space" in the shower (actually move the curtain out of the way). I have seen the mods for lining the fixed walls with smooth plastic and plan on doing that. I did have another idea and wanted to see if anyone else had thought of it and maybe tried and failed, before I see if it works. If there's one thing I have learned from this board, it's that most things have been tried already and I can save myself a lot of grief by just asking for tips first.

So, here's my idea - anyone who travels a lot to hotels will know what I am talking about immediately. More and more in hotels these days, they are making the shower appear bigger by curving out the rod that the shower curtain hangs from - it is curved out away from the tub. So, here's my thought. In addition to getting rid of the billowing curtain against the three walls, why not move the track the one side of the remaining curtain hangs from further away from the tub. It obviously still hangs into the tub, but the top part of the curtain would be further away, giving you more space. I hope the idea is clear to folks.

MY TM is folded in the garage right now, so I can't look at the track the curtain currently hangs from, but it would seem to be a simple mod to move it about 6 inches. Only problem would be if it got in the way somehow when the shells were folded down, but the track is so small, I doubt that could be a problem.

Anyone tried this yet? Anyone see any problems with this idea?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

When the shower current is closed using the OEM track position, the curtain definitely intrudes a bit into the space occupied by someone on the toilet. So if you do move the track, plan on keeping the curtain open whenever the shower is not in use.

Otherwise, it seems like it would work fine. You're not going to save any time by doing both mods simultaneously, so you could just line the walls with plastic first, and see how that works. If you're satisfied with the additional space, you don't have to move the track.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
jhill30

I agree, I have added the plastic to the walls, and you wouldn't believe how much difference it makes. Now if someone could figure out a way to make the roof a little higher in there......hmmm, but I would never want to go home if I got too comfortable.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
photoadjuster

Default Mine has it

My 2006 has this done by the factory. The forward ceiling track is 10 to 11 inches forward of the inside front lip of the tub.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoadjuster View Post
My 2006 has this done by the factory. The forward ceiling track is 10 to 11 inches forward of the inside front lip of the tub.
Mine also has the larger track. It extends nearly 1/3 of the way across the head.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

This was in my latest Campingworld ad:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ower-rod/44143

Looks like it might help, but how to attach it?

It would probably be cheaper to order the one from the TM factory.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Have you seen the curtain rod similar to the one pictured above...but it also folds in for storage? I will see if I can find a link to it.

Oppps that is the one that flips back in! I looked at it in the ad but could not figure where to attach it.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
Bluegrass

If you're going to buy a new track, why not call Trailmanor and order the new larger one?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Bluegrass would you post a pic of your shower curtain track?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote