TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
freein05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkspot View Post
freein05 - Thanks for the info. The article was great. I would never attempt to tow at maximum load for so long as the writer did.

Did you ever find out why Honda says no WDH?
They don't say no WDH. They say they don't recommend it. What is strange is they say if your trailer sways to use a anti sway bar. I think the author of the article is correct in what he gives for the reasons. I have used a WDH for a year now. I have driven about 3,000 miles on all kinds of roads. Steep winding mountain to flat freeway with no problems.

The only time I did not use it is when I towed it home form the dealer which was about 300 miles. After that I put the WDH on and it sure feels a lot safer towing the TM.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Inkspot

What exact hitch do you use? Do you need to add sway control to it, or is the hitch itself enough? How much should I expect to spend?

Thanks again for all the info, Lee
Old 02-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
freein05

I use a Rees WDH it is either a 750 or 1000 lbs. You do not need a sway control. I don't think I have read a post on this forum were someone uses a sway control.

Sway is not been a problem for me. I have driven in conditions with heavy cross winds and big rigs zooming by and the TM didn't move.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
Inkspot

Freein05 - Thanks for all your help. Think I'm going to use a WDH, but keep it "Light" looks like that will make me "comfortable"