TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
Maldos

Default length of valve stem question

Hello I go by Maldos and I'm a total noob at TM travel. I've purchase a TM 2720 2007 so the wife and I can enjoy the great outdoors together. I'm an avid camper and motorcyclist (moto-camping) and just returned from a 20 day moto trip to Alaska, 5400 miles one way, but my wife has missed out, not any longer we're both excited. Fantastic site

What I've done so far: Lift kit, 15" wheels and tires. Andersen WDH hitch added to my 2014 4Runner Limited. I now want to install TPMs to the TM and am looking at the TST 507 kit but would like to add the INTERNAL sensor which come in 1", 2" and 3" lengths. Not sure which length to purchase, any suggestions. I could go with the caps but would have to remove for adjusting pressure.

If there's anything else I should do for my maiden trip next month I'm open to all suggestions and recommendations.

Don
Maldos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi Don, welcome to the forum. I have the 507 TPMS on my TM and find it very user friendly, for it only takes a few seconds to remove the caps to adjust the pressure and then replace the caps. I usually only do it once when I pull out the TM before a trip.

You will be able to figure out what your particular needs will be once you start camping with the TM.

Safe travels

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
Maldos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail Cruiser View Post
Hi Don, welcome to the forum. I have the 507 TPMS on my TM and find it very user friendly, for it only takes a few seconds to remove the caps to adjust the pressure and then replace the caps. I usually only do it once when I pull out the TM before a trip.

You will be able to figure out what your particular needs will be once you start camping with the TM.

Safe travels
thanks for the welcome and reply. I was under the impression that the "caps" required a special tool for removal and therefore felt removal would be a tedious if checking daily pressures.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldos View Post
Hello I go by Maldos and I'm a total noob at TM travel. I've purchase a TM 2720 2007 so the wife and I can enjoy the great outdoors together. I'm an avid camper and motorcyclist (moto-camping) and just returned from a 20 day moto trip to Alaska, 5400 miles one way, but my wife has missed out, not any longer we're both excited. Fantastic site

What I've done so far: Lift kit, 15" wheels and tires. Andersen WDH hitch added to my 2014 4Runner Limited. I now want to install TPMs to the TM and am looking at the TST 507 kit but would like to add the INTERNAL sensor which come in 1", 2" and 3" lengths. Not sure which length to purchase, any suggestions. I could go with the caps but would have to remove for adjusting pressure.

If there's anything else I should do for my maiden trip next month I'm open to all suggestions and recommendations.

Don
+2 have similar tps no issues taking off the caps. I normally start the season off with 57.5 psi, overinflating within the 10 psi limit for goodyears. I don't have to add air until the next year. By Nov i'm at about 51 psi. I lose about 1/2 - 3/4 psi per month. Since you will be installing a tsp, you don't have to take off the caps to check the psi, you use your tps monitor.

But if I went with internal valve stems I would not get stems that went past the outer edge of the rim. I sure would not want it banging on curbs.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
Maldos

All good advice, thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldos View Post
I was under the impression that the "caps" required a special tool for removal and therefore felt removal would be a tedious if checking daily pressures.
A special tool is indeed required to remove the caps (which is provided with the unit), but it only adds about 5 seconds to the removal process.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:08 PM   #7
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I never used the locking system for the caps. I do take the caps off at the end of a trip to save on the batteries.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote