TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
daveinfl

Default Thinking about purchase of 2720

After lurking in this forum for a couple weeks and reading about Trailmanor, I have decided to join. I have a comment and a few questions.

My wife and I are giving serious thought to an RV. We live near Orlando and have no Trailmanor dealers nearby. So last weekend we visited one of the large RV dealers. We went in talking about Ultra Lite trailers and popups and left with a lot of knowledge about everything except what we went in for. It was a worthwhile trip, but clearly the objective was to move us up and into and RV with 6 wheels and a motor. When I brought up Trailmanor the gentleman only wanted to talk about the fact that everything has to fold down (and how can you fold down a bathroom) and that the seals go out creating water problems for you. The salesman did his job and gave us a good education on how RVs (trailers included) are made. But after a couple days and discovering all the expense that will go into a motor home, my eyes turned back to trailmanor. With that said, here are my questions.

1. Can you use them in cold weather (Michigan at Christmas for example)? Will the heater keep the pipes from freezing or would additional pipe wrapping be necessary?

2. Give me an honest opinion of the bathroom please. This is my wife's biggest thing. I would tend to use a "parks" facilities. But this is a concern of hers.

3. Storage space. Do you think there is enough storage space for maybe 4 people for 3 weeks?

4. How do the seals hold up?

We hope to look at a used one this weekend because the dealers are so far away from us. It is a 2008 2720. It has the hitch that will fold which I like because it will fit in my garage. I'm a little concerned about the height with A/C, but after reading several posts here I believe it won't be an issue. I have 81 inches clearance and I might be able to stretch a bit more.

Finally, any advice on questions I should ask would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for all the answers I know I will receive.
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote