TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2002, 01:07 PM   #1
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default WINTERIZING YOUR TRAILMANOR

Just before I close up our Trailmanor for the year, I always take Downy or Final Touch dryer sheets and put them through out the trailer. When I open up the trailer in March, the camper smells really nice, and you do NOT have the musty smell that you can get lots of times. Also, I read in Trailer LIfe Magazine that the smell of the dryer sheets keeps mice out. That is why I put them under the sink and anywhere mice could enter. I have owned a 1993,1994,and now a 2002 Trailmanor, and knock on wood, I have never been bothered by mice. Also, I take moth balls and spread them on the ground under the camper. any comments, just let me know. Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 09:18 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: WINTERIZING YOUR TRAILMANOR

You got it, Bob.  I heard the dryer sheet idea last year and tried it and it made the first time opening the unit quite pleasant.  We were able to find space in a pole barn for this winter, and were already given the advice about the mothballs.  In my opinion, anything that could keep critters out of my unit, I'm gonna use.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #3
arknoah

Also, I'm proud to say that today I winterized the trailer.  This may not sound like a big deal to most of yoiu, but I'm one of those campers who is NOT handy.  As usual, the anode rod was tough to get out, but a little bit of liquid wrench got it out.  Having a bypass installed on the hot water tank was a definite help.  Winterizing the unit was easy enough that I feel a little funny for paying to have it done last year.

Just remind me of this in case I got it wrong and find damage to my water lines next spring....
Old 10-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #4
Happytrails

Lol FJ........and thanks for that tip Bob, we have that problem bad with our unit being so old. That's a good tip to know!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails..........[/glow]
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
EddieD061

Default winterizing my TM3326

Purchased my TM just before winter in La and brought it to Fountain Co., Wasn't sure how to winterize so I just open the grey water drain and blew out all water lines with compressed air hoping to get any water out of the lines. Now that winter is almost over I plan to hook up water line and test it for any leaks.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

the sheets also deter mosquitos (which are readily available in FL)
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
happybeebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIKERZ View Post
the sheets also deter mosquitos (which are readily available in FL)
Now just something for the "gators and snakes".
Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
moaboy

Frabreeze works well to if you didn't put any dryer sheets in your TM over the winter...