TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
BrianS

Question TM Metal Underbelly

Just bought new 2007 2720.One of the items listed under Standard Equipment is Metal Underbelly.On my 2720 the underbelly has a number of what I would call patches held together with staples and silicone sealant.Is this a nomal TM practice ? It looks more like a repair than a new trailer, are others TM's a one piece underbelly or do your TM's have these patches also ?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
grlewis1

Default Metal Underbelly

Brian, I have a 2006 2720 SL and the only patch I have is around the black water pipe. This area looks like it was cut out for the plumbing and the patch was put in and stapled. They also used the foam fill around the pipe to
keep out water being splashed up from the tire and the bugs & critters we all have around the campsite.... So how many patches are you talking about on your 2720 ??
Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
BrianS

Gary,
4 patches in and around the black water tank,two of these the width of the underbelly.2 in the area of the spare tire in front of the steps,one of which is the width of the underbelly.2 more small ones about 12"x8"and a seam down the center of the TM the entire lenth of the underbelly.I was thinking of haveing the underbelly sprayed with a truck bed spray on liner just as a insurance to avoid water penetration in the future,I have no leaks now.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
grlewis1

Default Metal Underbelly

From what you describe, it sounds like the factory waste no aluminum product... kind of like the dry wall guys when installing the walls in your house... your idea of sealing the under belly sounds good... moisture is always the annoying problem inside the TM..... good luck with your project...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Berkly

My 07 2619 is just like yours, Two big sheets of aluminum running the entire length of the trailer, with a seam in the middle. It looks like they patched here and there where they attached the frame to the body. I actually had to seal a couple gaps with silicone around the patches.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #6
Harry Womack

Default metal underbelly

The patches in the aluminum are where they put wiring or plumbing in the floor.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
Doug W.

That is an issue I had to fix on mine 3124KS. I have the 3 drawer chest by the door. The patch was to get the TV cable and power from the street side to the curb side of the trailer. It looked like they did not put near enough silicone on it. Were there was silicone, it was still attached but several places with less had came loose.

I took the whole patch loose. Removed all the old silicone. Cleaned the area thoughly. Reapplied silicone caulk. Restapled the patch. It looks fine now.