TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2005, 06:04 AM   #1
hugoscheuer

Default measurements

Can anyone tell me the height of the bottom of the front (bed) sectiion of the 2720 , from the ground when erected?I am having a skirt fashioned to create a storage area under the front section when erected. I am not at the site where the unit is stored.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
TandemKids

Default Re: Measurements

Hugo,

I just stepped out and measured that distance for you on our 2619. It measures 54" from the bottom of the bed frame to the ground. I hope this helps you out.

I like your skirt idea.

Michael
Old 05-15-2005, 06:15 AM   #3
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Question Lift Kit

If either of you has the lift kit, keep in mind that it will add roughly 2 inches to the bed platform's height above ground

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:31 AM   #4
hugoscheuer

Default Measurements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandemKids
Hugo,

I just stepped out and measured that distance for you on our 2619. It measures 54" from the bottom of the bed frame to the ground. I hope this helps you out.

I like your skirt idea.

Michael
Thanks, Michael. I presume the 2619 has the same height as the 2720 eh?

Hugo
Old 05-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #5
hugoscheuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRay
If either of you has the lift kit, keep in mind that it will add roughly 2 inches to the bed platform's height above ground
Is the lift kit for raising the trailer so you can change tire with the unit closed??

Hugo
Old 05-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Purpose of Lift Kit is improved ground clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoscheuer
Is the lift kit for raising the trailer so you can change tire with the unit closed??

Hugo
Nope. The nominal purpose of the lift kit is to improve the trailer's ground clearance when crossing rough, uneven surfaces...as are often found in "primitive" campgrounds such as those run by the Forest Service in the western states. The kit adds about 2 inches of extra clearance which can be critical to avoid ripping off the low hanging plumbing drains...or scraping the rear bumper when crossing drainage ditches, deep ruts, etc.

Even with the lift kit, AFAIK it is still necessary to remove the wheel covers to take the tire off and that requires opening the shells.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote