TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2001, 04:14 AM   #1
Chris_Bauer

Default Electric Water Heater

On our 2720SL we have the gas/electric water heater. The on off switch for the electric is outside behind the water heater panel.

When the trailer is closed does the heater still run if left on or does it automatically shut off the power like it does to the rear interior lights and the cabinet A/C?

I'm asking in case I ever forget to turn off the electric water heater.

Happy Camping.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Electric Water Heater

Probably not. I have seen pop up's also with 12 volt cutoffs but never anything with a 110 volt cutoff.  Could be a problem in meeting code for that type of disconnect switch.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:37 AM   #3

we always use gas to run our water heater. this weekend we decided to use the electric.. we went to the box out side of the trailer to find the pin and the on/off switch, but couldn't find them, just the thermostat. where is this pin that we need to pull and where is the on/off button. it puzzles us that we couldn't find it. the manual just tells us to pull pin and set the button, but i just can.t find it. am I missing something here.. thanks bett
Old 07-30-2001, 10:24 AM   #4
Chris_Bauer

After removing the outside cover, under the wiring on the left is an on/off switch.  I have never seen a pin to pull.  
Old 07-30-2001, 01:02 PM   #5

I was tinkering with our electric water heater recently.  The "pin" is actually a small pin like the one you'd find on your receiver bar (just a whole lot smaller ;D ).   The pin goes through the side of the switch to protect it from rocking to the ON position accidentally.   It was a bear replacing the pin in our switch -- I suggest you use a pair of needle nose pliers, if you can find (a) the switch and (b) the pin

I guess you shouldn't run both the gas and electric heat at the same time.

Jon
Old 10-21-2002, 12:04 PM   #6

??? do all 2720 sl's have electric and gas water heaters? We have had our TM for a year now and have always used the gas.  Last week we were going to use the electric.  In the box outside is only a gas setup. ( I think).  there is no pin, no on/off button or anything.  Did I miss something here.  We couldn't use hot water because the electric wouldn't do it.  Can you help me figure this out.  Also, all the water is drained from the TM for winter storage, if I just open all the underside valves, will this keep water lines from freezing up?  I need any help I can get.   thanks,  Betty ???
Old 10-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #7

Betty,
I believe that the electric/gas combination hot water heater may have been an option on some models. ??? A couple of the TM's that we looked at were gas only. If this is incorrect someone correct me.

Aaron
Old 10-21-2002, 12:34 PM   #8
KB7OUR

New TMs have a dual source gas/elec water heater. You simply flip a switch inside the access panel to disengage LP and activate AC power. Unsure what year they started providing the dual source units. They are 6 gal and work very well.

Wade
Old 10-21-2002, 01:55 PM   #9
tipper

My 1999 2720 can run on electric, however this is not advertised.  The switch inside the access panel was "cotter pinned" in the off position.  I'm not sure why this is.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:48 AM   #10
Carol
Site Sponsor

Betty-Burgers -

We have a 2001 2720SL that was built in early 2001. The models that came out later that year had the gas/electric water heater as a standard item. Ours runs only on propane gas.  We have had no problems with it. It heats quickly and the water stays hot for a long time, so we only turn it on periodically, shortly before heavy use, etc.

Carol
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote