TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Jeff the marmot

Default Recommendations for Montana?

My wife and I would like to plan a trip to Montana and Idaho for about a week this coming summer. At a minimum we want to see Glacier National Park. I did a search here, but didn't find what I was looking for. Do you have recommendations about nice locations to stay or cool things to see in Montana and Idaho? Any tips? My wife and I are middle aged. We don't have kids.

2009 2720SD, swing tongue added by pro welder, Dometic toilet, LEDs inside and out, one solar panel so far, rear view camera, and larger wheels and tires.
2007 4-door Tacoma
Jeff the marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Big Creek CG, this is a USFS CG is north of Columbia Falls MT. Look across the north fork of the flahead river into Glacier park. Turn right out of the CG go two miles and there is a back Road into Glacier.
Take CR 486, also called North Fork Road out of Columbia Falls to get to the CG. This is dry camping, pitcher p-p for water and vault toilets.

Vigilante USFS about 12 miles from Helena MT

Both of the above have several miles of gravel roads to get to.

Craters of the Moon NP in ID or the BLM CG just north of Mackay. This one is on Mackay Reservoir and has elec and water.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote