TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
mrmurph1

Default Info on 2004 3023

We have recently found a great deal on a 2004 3023 Trailmanor. It is about 12 hours away from us so we have only seen pictures. It seems to be in good condition and the salesperson assured us that he thought it was also. I'm a little leery because it is being sold for 11,999 and NADA pricing is $26,000. We assume they may not realize the actual price of this unit.
We did notice that it has only 1 couch and a bureau and chair instead of the 2 facing couches. We didn't see any mattresses either, though we would replace those anyway. Would we be able to order another couch and mattresses from a Trailmanor dealer?
Does anyone have any thoughts on what questions we should ask? Anything we should be aware of? The price of this unit is making us nervous, that there is something we do not know about.

Thank you
Marcie
Old 03-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I don't think the proper price is anywhere near $26,000. The NADA pricing site is tricky to use, because they give you a long (and very generic) list of "optional equipment", and you are supposed to put a check mark beside the items that are in your trailer. But the basic NADA price already includes everything that is standard equipment in the TM, and it is important to check off only the things that TM describes as options. For instance, an air conditioner is an option, but a furnace or refrigerator is not. If you check off all the items that the TM has as standard equipment, you will arrive at an unrealistically high valuation.

I think that in 2004, the TM had only about 5 options. Off the top of my head, I think of
Air conditioner
Awning
TV antenna
Swing tongue
Hanging cabinet
Maybe a couple others that don't change the value appreciably

I went through it quickly, and found that the dealer's price is about right.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
mrmurph1

Thank you Bill, I will go back and check that again. I don't think I actually checked anything so maybe that is the problem. At least now we don't feel like someone is hiding something! LOL