TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
jcjim4

Default TM Plant Tour

Traveled to Lake City to get an electrical problem corrected. Decided to take the 9:30 a.m. Tour which was very very disappointing. Tour guide introduced himself ? started walking and talking, saying that they are short handed and apoligized for having to take us on a quick walk thru. Quick it was, couldn't understand his talk, and couldn't seem to slow down his pace. Then it was out the door! Service people and workers were very friendly, but I expected to have time to see how things are assembled and to ask some questions. Can't recommend the plant tour! Spoiled my 600 mile trip!..
Old 08-03-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
2blueranger
Site Sponsor

Sorry to hear your tour wasn't what it should have been. I've been wanting to take that tour myself. Had the opportunity to be in Bellville, Ohio last year. Thought I'd tour the HiLo plant. They do not even offer a tour. They did show us some finished units. I'll stick with my Trailmanor.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
kempert
Site Sponsor

You must have caught them at a bad time. When I visited January before last, they gave me a tour even though no one else was there for a tour. They answered my questions despite being short handed that day due to several people being out with the flu.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
2blueranger
Site Sponsor

They told me they quit offering the tour due to insurance restrictions. I was really looking forward to seeing them put together. I've been to the Harley-Davidson plant and the Corvette plant. Both were really interesting.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
jimbojrxsf

This is very disappointing to hear. I planned on traveling to the plant upon my return from Iraq this August to see how the TMs are assembled. I'll call first and if they don't have the tour I'll have to decide if it's worth the gas$$ to make the trip. With the credit crunch and gas at a premium one would think they would do what they could to increase sales. I can't believe they sell so many that they "don't have to offet that".
Old 08-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
rubydoodle

We toured last March and it was very interesting. Adam was our tour guide. He stopped and explained every step of the construction and waited for us to look and ask questions. It was the thing that convinced my husband to get a Trailmanor.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
dheadingto

I went on a tour last Monday it was very good Greg was very good took his time and explained from start to finish all aspects of construction. I had several questions since I had just purchased our new 3124KS TM the day before. Also while I was there I had problem with both tail lights which Ed had his warranty people repair. Great tour and great service.

Denny
Old 08-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheadingto View Post
I went on a tour last Monday it was very good Greg was very good took his time and explained from start to finish all aspects of construction. I had several questions since I had just purchased our new 3124KS TM the day before. Also while I was there I had problem with both tail lights which Ed had his warranty people repair. Great tour and great service.

Denny
I had Greg as a tour guide last week, and thought he was great. Explained the process well, and answered the many questions that I had.

Chap