TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
jimair1548

Default Avatars

Bill, thanks for the info on putting a "Avatar" on the threads that I create. I think it will be a work in progress for a bit, getting the right size, etc. I made the changes, but am puzzled as to how to review them without actually posting a thread. I guess this post will show the results. Thanks again.....Jim
jimair1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jim -

Looks like you were successful in step 1 - you have an avatar! Now you just have to replace it with your preferrred photo, which you do by going to the same Edit Avatar page, scrolling to the bottom to the Custom Avatar section, and filling in the field called "Upload ...".

To review a trial avatar without posting: Once you have used the "Edit Avatar" tool in the User CP, and you think you have set up a new avatar, just close the "Edit Avatar" tool. Then re-open it, and it will show you your current avatar - i.e., the one you just set up. You'll see it right at the top, called Your Current Avatar. You can probably right-click on the image, then left-click Properties, and it will tell you the pixel size and file size. This works in both MSIE and Mozilla, which means it probably works in Firefox, Netscape and most other browsers.

Also, I think that once you set up a new avatar, it is displayed with all of your posts, including the old ones. So just go back and look at any of your old posts.

Finally, the Edit Avatar tool says you are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. It appears that the tool is not enforcing this limit. I just noticed that mine is 125 x 125 pixels.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of help off-line.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote