TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
revmrbill

Default 2004 3023 wire covers/wall paper trim

I have just purchased a new 2004 TM 3023 and I have noticed that the wiring covers that cover the wiring on the ceiling of the TM keep coming off. Everytime I open the door I find one of them on the floor. Is this normal or is there a fix for it?? ???

Also I have noticed that the trim wall paper that goes around the inside keeps coming loose, it appears that the adhesive is not doing its job. We live in South Alabama and the humidity is very high every day and I am wondering if that has anything to do with it?? ???
Old 07-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
Simon3xUD

Default Re:2004 3023 wire covers/wall paper trim

We have the same trim problem with our '04 3023 but it's limited to the trim over the back bed. Our dealer is supposed to fix it when we take it in next week for some other items that need fixing.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #3
revmrbill

I would like the Factory to consider this, I ahve a 2004 3023 TM, and I would like to see them add a shelf in the rear Storage are for future production of the 3023's, it is a simple process and not that expensive.

TKS

Revmrbill
Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
k_and_p_camping

Revmrbill's suggestion is one of those personal choice items that not all would agree with. We store bulky things in the rear storage of our 3124KB, and I wouldn't like a shelf there at all! Some things we're just going to have to customize based upon our own usage of the trailer.

Pam
Old 08-09-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
jbeletti
Jim

Default 2004 3023 wire covers/wall paper trim

I'd like to echo 2 other 2004 3023 owners' experience with the wire covers and the wall paper trim. While I have never had a full cover come off, I have had some pop loose. I'm wondering if maybe mine are just a bit too long and the temperature swings cause some material expansion/contraction that makes it snap off.

I have also had a lot of the wall paper border (trim) come off the wall. I was able to put it back up (several times) and have not had it come down lately. It was mostly when new that it came dow. My trailer was made in December of 2004 and delivered in Wisconsin the same week of manufacture. Perhaps the adhesive didn't have enough time in its ideal temperature range to cure. If this is the case, the factory could consider using a heat gun (industrial hair dryer of sorts) to help the adhesive do its job.

Jim
Visit our travel site
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote