TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
flashpoint

Default Add a walk in closet to your trailmanor!

Trailmanors are fantastic trailers but lets face it! Storage space is lacking. Its just the nature of the trailer. When my wife, daughter and myself load up to camp, interior storage becomes an issue. I have ,like alot of you, utilized the rear bed as a good "catch" all for extra pillows, blankets, overnight bads,duffle bags ect. The only issue is when its time for bed the extra bags,ect. become a hassle and normally end up on the limited counter space leaving a general feeling of clutter.
I decided to address this issue. The bathtub has always been used as storage. We have never taken a shower in our trailmanor and most likely never will. That being said, I figuered this would be the perfect place to increase storage capacity.

A quick trip to Home Depot and just a few hours of my time yielded what I believe to be a great option for all trailmanor owners.

2 basic steel closet organizers
6 blank door jamb covers
12 screws

The beauty of this set up is the shelves pop right out for quick break down. The shower is not compromised if you decide to use it the shower curtain sees to that. The small steel plates do not have to be removed for storage, they clear everything from the folding down of the walls to the closing of the trailer. The shelves store perfectly under the rear bed mattress when not in use.

My wife now calls it her walk in closet! Clutter in the trailer has been cut 10 fold and the shelves hold up to numerous fully loaded duffle bags.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bath1.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	5491   Click image for larger version

Name:	bath3.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	5492   Click image for larger version

Name:	bath2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	5493  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
ng2951

Neat idea, but we use our shower almost everytime we camp. It is one of the things we look forward to after a hot, sweaty, match...
Old 01-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Thumbs up storage

I like it great little mod.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Interesting Mod but we use shower daily while on trips.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
flashpoint

The previous owners had never taken a shower in the trailer eighter. The beauty is if I ever do need to or want to take a shower it is still 100% in tack. Just remove the items and shelves. Maybey takes about 2 minutes total and you are good to go!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
Joseph

Thumbs up Very good!

That is one of the more unique mods that I have seen. I like the idea of getting a space to do more than one thing depending on need. Shower or storage! Cool!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Revolting to me! No shower for the trip of 3 -4 weeks!!! I think that the dogs would find new owners, or my wife and I would not be able to share the ride in the TV!
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #8
ng2951

I probably should add that the idea is not without merit. It still plays into the biggest problems with folding TMs. That is, you have a lot to setup and knock down everytime you move. You cannot just fold and go.

I am still liking the idea of removing one of the buffet table seats (the one nearest the) and using a bar stool in its place. Its a great way to gain about 2 to 3 square feet of living space at the cost of one elf bed and the storage under the seat. Considering its just the wife and I, along with the two small, portable, self powered & propelled, 4 legged burglar alarms the larger space would be welcomed.

I should also say that your shelf mod is the kind of mod my pardette would like...
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
flashpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWORRYDOG View Post
Revolting to me! No shower for the trip of 3 -4 weeks!!! I think that the dogs would find new owners, or my wife and I would not be able to share the ride in the TV!
LOL....guess you missed the part about the shower still working!.....who said no shower for 3-4 weeks? ever heard of showers @ campgrounds? We took a 3 week vacation to Oregon this summer in our trailmanor. We all showered everyday!

BTW: if ya didnt shower for 3 to 4 weeks your dogs would love it!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Not a bad idea at all. I'm going to need to seriously think about this one...

Great work!
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote