TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
gerrym51

Default electric slide out

i'm no good at doing links. but on youtube there is a new trailmanor video put there just 5 days ago. it show an electric slide out for the sL models.

just look at trailmanor electric slide out
Old 11-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Tuscany Bandit

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ric+slide&aq=f
Old 11-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Is this something people have trouble doing? I find the slide out rather easy, personally. Sometimes I have trouble with getting my front shell up--I can't seem to get the torsion bars tight enough--but the slide is the least effort of the setup.

Maybe I'm missing something, but unless this is included as a part of a comprehensive lift system, it seems like it wouldn't be worth the cost and additional weight, at least IMO.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
gerrym51

Default rvpowerlift.com

go to rvpowerlift.com for trailmanor shell lift
Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Is this something people have trouble doing? I find the slide out rather easy, personally. Sometimes I have trouble with getting my front shell up--I can't seem to get the torsion bars tight enough--but the slide is the least effort of the setup.

Maybe I'm missing something, but unless this is included as a part of a comprehensive lift system, it seems like it wouldn't be worth the cost and additional weight, at least IMO.
Push-button ease is nice for the retired set.

The slide-outs on TTs and M/Hs are all electric now. I think that TM is just trying to appeal more to a market that is aging and less comfortable with lifting and pulling. $1K for an electric lift and slide-out is a lot better than 2 weeks in bed because you tweaked your back.

We went from a "Crank-up" Coleman PU to the TM because the Coleman was just getting to be too much work to set-up & tear down. I can see where (in a few years) this electric system might be appealing to us.

You do have a point about the weight though. Although the entire system is probably under 100# and the market share gained for ease of use is probably worth the loss in cargo capacity.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
rumbleweed

It will be especially nice if it plays that little tune while it is sliding.

Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
berginc4

I think the real question is: Can you pull it out by hand if the electric part dies?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

That is really slick.

I did notice the wiggle or shimmey as the shells are lifted. It seemed to me that my TM did not do that when it was brand new but now seems to on occasion. Does any one know if this indicates a problem??? Wonder why they did not open the top half of the door when opening or closing. By opening the door...before you open the TM you prevent getting the curved marks on the rear shell.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
gerrym51

i do not believe this is an approved trailmanor lift . i believe it was developped by a former trailmanor dealer.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
Push-button ease is nice for the retired set.

The slide-outs on TTs and M/Hs are all electric now. I think that TM is just trying to appeal more to a market that is aging and less comfortable with lifting and pulling. $1K for an electric lift and slide-out is a lot better than 2 weeks in bed because you tweaked your back.

We went from a "Crank-up" Coleman PU to the TM because the Coleman was just getting to be too much work to set-up & tear down. I can see where (in a few years) this electric system might be appealing to us.

You do have a point about the weight though. Although the entire system is probably under 100# and the market share gained for ease of use is probably worth the loss in cargo capacity.
That's what I originally thought, but then I was thinking about raising the shells, and how much effort that takes. If someone can lift and close the shells, I'm just speculating that the slide out is the lesser of the set up efforts. I do see your point about competing, but it seems the Elkmont enters into the picture more than an SL with power slide.

I'm not the demographic, though, so my opinion on this is worth considerably less than $0.02.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote