TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Beach Boy

Default Best Place To Find An Used TM.

It seems that this forum and Craigslist is the best places to look. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
mtnguy

You local newspaper and trade magazine. We found ours that way. We had never even seen a TM, and was ready to drive about 100 miles to see 1 at a dealer, and the missus saw a 2720 advertised in our "Bulletin Board" sale magazine. We went to look at it out of curiosity, and ended up bringing it back home in a couple of days.

Also, check your local RV dealer websites. Dealers will take a TM on trade, and sometimes don't know anything about them.......probably the 1 bargain you can get from an RV dealer. When we bought our Surveyor, there was a used TM sitting in the lot, and I asked the salesman about it out of curiosity. He didn't even know how to open it !!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

To do a better, wider search on craigslist, use this website:
http://www.searchtempest.com/

It will also give you eBay listings and search several cities at once.

Another source is:
http://vehicles.oodle.com/trailmanor/

However, Oodle has a habit of not clearing old listings.

Be prepared to travel a long distance to get the trailer that you are after. Determine the max that you are willing to travel when designing your search. Just be careful about that because id you put 250 mi and there is one 255 mi away, you won't see it. IMO, It's realistic to expect to travel 1000 mi (each way) to find the right TM at the right price. It they are priced right, they sell in a day or 2.

A couple of times, I have driven 100 miles to see a trailer at a dealer only to find that someone bought it while I was en-route. I've never had that experience with private parties. We drove 1100 miles (each way) to pick up our 1st TM. The seller told me that he had several (phone) offers for thousands more while I was en-route. I believe him because I had the same experience when I sold that trailer a few weeks ago. He held the trailer and sold it to me at the price listed.

I bought my current trailer from an ad that was posted on this website. The trailer was ~100 miles away. I was at the sellers house within 3 hours of the post on here. The short and long of it is, be prepared to purchase if everything is right. Be ready to go as soon as the ad is posted. If the price is right, most TMs sell in a day or two but often within a day of posting if the price is fair. Plan on spending $1000 - $1500 after the purchase and you won't be disappointed. If ypu think that you are going to by any trailer, drive it home and not have to correct, update or repair things, you're setting yourself up for a disappointment.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
It seems that this forum and Craigslist is the best places to look. Any other suggestions?
I bought mine in an Ebay auction.

Edit: I found the Ebay auction by doing Google Searches for things like Trailmanor and Trailmanor 3023
(Google also picks up craigslist listings)
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

You can find even more by just doing an internet search for "Trailmanor 2720" (or 2518, etc.) and also searching Google images.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
wanderer

Try the following site. RV.oodle.com
Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Patrice

We found ours on Craigslist. I just searched surrounding states and ended up driving 6 hours to purchase it. We love it.