TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
Scott O

I stand by what I said in post #16, except you can put it in all caps now..."all appliances work to the best of my knowledge". Good grief!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
rumbleweed

Keep looking. I am certain that one is not going anywhere. Less than $100 worth of repairs for $1500 increase in price If the TM has all the physical defects you describe, I am certain the other stuff battery, brakes, ect were not taken care of either. My suggestion R U N !!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #23
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveOwner View Post
asked a few more questions and made an offer for $4500 ... he responded saying he would order : door latch, front window cover latch, and side access cover..... says it has not experienced any flooding or leaks and that all appliances work to best of his knowledge.... he is including the weight distribution hitch with bars and tote tank.... lowest he is willing to go is $6000 and I believe him (at least for now)
A new WDH is under $200 so that's not a big concession. You may be talking a couple hundred dollars for the other small parts.....no big deal there either.

I agree with others. If you can find the time, it may be well worth your while to pick up a TM in a drier State. We really can't see what you saw but from your description, this looks like you are inviting trouble.

This is my last post on this thread unless there are pictures (lots of pictures) and a lot better inspection of all of the appliances. These items could cost you thousands......don't take it lightly..... enjoy....
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #24
P and B

Based on your description, they should pay you to haul it away.

Phil
Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #25
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
This is my last post on this thread unless there are pictures (lots of pictures) and a lot better inspection of all of the appliances.
This is really the bottom line. I could see how a number of the things you described could actually be rather minor issues. It's impossible for us to give an accurate valuation without pictures. It's one thing to value a "near perfect" TM, but once required repairs are introduced, there is no way to quantify them from your interpretation of what the seller is portraying. Frankly, I think it is entirely possible that $6k is a decent price. Possible. Also possible it's a horrible price, as others have suggested.

From your initial post, my comments are in CAPS below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveOwner View Post
Considering buying a 2001 2619 .....

standard camper/boat mold on all plastic on outside, needs a good deep cleaning - PERHAPS NOT A BIG DEAL. ALL TRAILERS GET DIRTY WHEN TOWED. MIGHT BE RECTIFIED BY SPENDING AN AFTERNOON WITH A 6-PACK AND HOSE.

Door latch is broken (has to duct tape door closed !) - PROBABLY A CHEAP EASY REPAIR

3 decent indented scrapes down side of it exterior along with a few other dents - A BIT CONCERNING AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENED, BUT IF THE ALUMINUM IS NOT PUNCTURED AS TO ALLOW WATER, IT MAY JUST BE COSMETIC.

2 of 4 latches (on the 4 corners) broken off - CHEAP EASY REPAIR.

stains on the drapes - COSMETIC DAMAGE, OBVIOUSLY. DRAPES CAN BE DRY CLEANED, BUT THERE CAN BE ISSUES WITH SHRINKAGE. EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE.

floor very worn and peeling up bad enough to prevent fridge from opening
plastic trim by the "guides" on the bottoom side (under the beds) falling off - MAY JUST NEED SOME GLUE. UNUSUAL DAMAGE THOUGH, MAY INDICATE FURTHER DAMAGE AS HARVEYRV SUGGESTS.

side pop up panel missing - WHAT IS THIS?

lots of little trim pieces on the inside cracked/missing - HOW BAD?

something wrong with the awning (he mentioned duct tape) that supposedly doesn't prevent it from functioning but is somehow messed up ...i didn't get him to show me that though - AWNING IS $1000 NEW. IF THERE IS A TEAR, THERE ARE REPAIR KITS. OBVIOUSLY, THE EXTENT OF DAMAGE IS UNKNOWN.

tires only 2 years old - MAYBE. IF HE BOUGHT THEM 2 YEARS AGO, THEY ARE PROBABLY 3 YEARS OLD FROM MANUFACTURE. THEY WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED WITHIN A YEAR OR 2 MAX, REGARDLESS OF WEAR, TO REDUCE RISK OF A BLOWOUT.

estimated times on the road between 60-80 IRRELEVANT, REALLY. WHO CARES HOW OFTEN IT'S BEEN USED. IT'S THE CONDITION THAT IS IMPORTANT. IF HE IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER, HE'S HAD IT 9+ YEARS, SO THAT IS NOT INCONSISTENT WITH THAT LENGTH OF OWNERSHIP.

the ac is like a window unit next to the stove (is that standard) and supposedly works along with the heat ...said the pumps work, the fridge works (although he said it can take up to 8 hours to cool off) - SOUNDS GOOD.

all the exterior metal seemed to have a decent amount of rust - NORMAL. TAKE A LOOK UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR.
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #26
TMkev10

As the knights said while the cows were coming over the wall during the search for the holy grail, " Run away, Run away".
Kevin
TMkev10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #27
hhoenig

Don't know where you are located- check my listing for sale Eastern Region. 2004 2619, very clean, has everything, needs nothing $9500.
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #28
robertkennel

I would pass on that one and be patient. It could save you a lot of time, frustration, and money. It's not uncommon to look for 6 months to a year for the right trailer. Be happy with your purchase, not regretful. Robert
Old 03-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #29
ProspectiveOwner

you guys talked me out of it.... I passed on it
Old 03-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #30
ProspectiveOwner

thanks to everyone for their input!!!!!!!!