TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
b&pcamping

Default tongue jack wheel

I've been reading lots of the q&a on owning a TM trailer. I'm looking at trading up from a Coleman SantaFe to a 2619. One of the things I did on my Coleman was to modify the wheel on the tongue jack and put larger neumatic tires on it for easier moving around. The removable wheel that I saw on the 2619 I'm looking at seems pretty weak. In fact it looked a little bent. Has anyone done a modification to that wheel to make moving it around easier? On a side note I can't tell you how benificial it's been reading all the postings on this site. I'm convinced this is the trailer for us. Can't wait to find the right deal.

Thanks,
Bruce & Paula
Old 10-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
rumbleweed

My $0.02 Even with a pneumatic tire, I think the TM will be hard to move as you plan. Another option is a Trailer dolly ( link below) from Harbor freight. This will work on a level hard surface.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...bCategoryName=
Old 10-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
Another option is a Trailer dolly ( link below) from Harbor freight. This will work on a level hard surface.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...bCategoryName=

That What I Use
Old 10-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Beak12

Because you live in the LA area have you been to County RV in Anaheim? They have several you might try pushing back and forth. LOL
Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Scott O

Custom RV in Anaheim! (They are excellent!)
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I guess it depends on the surface and how big you are......

I roll ours around in our apt building garage all the time (by myself), with the wheel that it comes with. However, I would also like to find a larger pneumatic wheel for the tongue.

We just got back from an 8 day trip up the SoCal Coast to Carmel. Our daughter & family brought their trailer also. Whenever possible, we would swing the TM around on the campsite pad so that our doors would face each other. I can't say that it was easy but we did it.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
b&pcamping

Default Tongue Jack Wheel

Thank you to all that have responded to my question. Thankfully my fater-in-law is not on this site. Being Greek; his displeasure of my mispelling of "pneumatic" would make him cringe. As for the disire to manoeuver the trailer around once we own one will be a mission of mine. Harveyrv don't give up on the idea.
Thanks,
Bruce
Old 10-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

Our garage floor is painted and I'm sure that helps but we just barely back the trailer into the garage, drop the wheel and then shove it around until it is where we want it. It's surprisingly easy with no modifications.
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
PopBeavers

Another option for some situations is a set of ramps with rollers. You back the trailer on to the ramps, and toll it sideways, using the rollers on the ramps.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
larsdennert

New tow vehicle huh Wayne? Nice.

I broke my plastic wheel and went to osh and got a cast iron one with a rubber tread. It is harder to move around than the plastic one was. FWIW