TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
Mccooleys

Default New owners of a 2004 2720SD

After months of research, mostly on this wonderful site, we have purchased a 2004 2720SD. I am getting close to retirement and wanted something nicer than the p/u that we now have. I think that we received a pretty good deal. We paid $10,500 for it, NADA says it's worth about $13,000 for one in average condition, which it is. I saw no glaring defects after inspecting it.

I would like some advice on getting it home. It's about 300 miles away. It has the original tires and brakes. The tires looked good, lots of tread, didn't see any weathering or cracks in them. I've asked the dealer to pull the unit and make sure that the brakes work, adjust them if necessary, lubricate the wheel bearings, and properly inflate the tires before I pick it up.

I have a 2008 Sivlerado 5.3L with a trailering package to pull it with. I plan on getting a Prodigy brake controller, although the instructions look intimidating. Maybe this should be a dealer installation?

Thank you for this wonderful site and for any advice that you choose to give.

Bob & Sarah
2004 2720SD
2008 Silverado 5.3L