TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Default Factory newsletter - parts ordering

TM produces a periodic newsletter that is nicely done.

You can sign up for it here:

http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Forms/EmailList.php

The latest issue is here:

http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Newsle...Fs/current.pdf

There is some news about parts ordering in this issue:

// TrailManor is now working through dealers to provide replacement parts, rather than having customers order from the factory. Order through your dealer, or through one of our stocking parts dealers throughout the country. For a parts catalog, visit trailmanor.com, then go to “Service” and click on “Parts.”
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Interesting that the article shown in the newsletter describes cleaning the black tank. " Flll with cleanser and move the unit for 30 minutes". ????

Does that indicate towing the TM around the neighborhood?

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
JBYRNE7844

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Interesting that the article shown in the newsletter describes cleaning the black tank. " Flll with cleanser and move the unit for 30 minutes". ????

Does that indicate towing the TM around the neighborhood?
How do you explain to your neighbors what your doing....LOL
Old 07-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBYRNE7844 View Post
How do you explain to your neighbors what your doing....LOL
Right... I guess a couple of speed bumps and I'm good to go?

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Here's a link to the parts catalog:

http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Servic...rtscatalog.pdf

It's not all encompassing but it's a start!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
Randy

Default Ordering Parts

If Trailmanor wants owners to order parts through a "stocking parts dealer" then they need to work on making sure dealers understand the program, have parts on-hand, and offer good customer service. Last month I stopped at my local stocking parts dealer (360 miles away) to get a part for my 2720SL. The dealer though they had the part and then after a long wait determined that in reality they did not have the part I was looking. The dealer didn't appear real clear on when or how to order the part either. They did take my name, telephone phone number, address etc. but I never heard from them again. Generally, I have had good success ordering parts through the factory so it is hard to think about going back to a dealer for poor, uninformed service.

Just my recent experience.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
MariaG

We are working on the rear shell of our TM and are leaving in a couple of weeks for a trip to Canada. I called the factory - the number for Ed, specifically - and left messages on three consecutive days last week. No response. I made it clear in the message that I needed the part ASAP as we were trying to finish a project and had an upcoming trip. Nada. On day four I called the main number and was told "we don't do parts anymore, your nearest dealer is in Ohio" and was given a phone number. I guess I was supposed to be psychic and just know this new development. No apology, no explanation why someone couldn't have called to let me know, etc. If I hadn't called the other number I probably never would have known. Poor customer service IMO, and I was quite irritated.

I then called M&M Camping in Trenton, MI and a gal named Kim answered. She took my info and called me back so fast I couldn't believe it. She had contacted the factory, gotten all the info (ship date, price, etc.) and called back for me to confirm. I gave her my CC info and she called the factory back to stress that I needed this ASAP. Of course they were closed and it was Friday but she assured me they had told her it would go out Monday and she would call first thing to make sure it did. I was much more impressed by this customer service and said so.

The part is the foam rubber strip that goes inside the bag seal. The part cost was around $18 for 30 feet, and the shipping was around $12. I thought this was excessive but I need it and couldn't find it locally so......here we are. Hoping I will have delivery tomorrow.

In the four or five times I have had to order things from TM, I have had poor customer service more often than not. I know they are in the South and seem to enjoy a slower pace of life, but it would sure be nice if they acquired a little Yankee urgency in their business. When people need parts, they need them quickly.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
pauloh

Using info posted here in the past, I had emailed Eddie the TM parts guy at the factory 2 weeks ago with a photo of the part I needed (outer hold-down latch, called a "latch hook" in the TM catalog referenced above here) and he replied promptly, priced it ($29.95 plus shipping, which is high from the factory) and said he'd ship if I "sent my payment information" but I didn't want to email a CC number so kept calling his "direct line" listed in his email, left a message, that was never returned, finally called the main number today and was told I needed to call a dealer. I was polite but annoyed with the guy who answered, I can tell they've been getting a lot of calls like mine. "Too much volume" the guy said, for the TM factory to handle parts directly. Sounds like opportunity knocking to me. Eddie's now out on the floor working quality control, according to the man answering the phone.

UPDATE: I called The Car Show in Colorado (my nearest TM dealer) this morning, left a message which was returned within 3 hours by their parts department, they had my part and it is on the way, same price as the factory would have charged ($30.), plus sending by regular mail in a padded envelope at lower cost. Previously the factory had charged me $18. shipping on a couple small items which seemed like a lot but they would apparently only use UPS.

So, I'm optimistic I'll get the part I needed shortly from The Car Show (3015 North Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 635-7311) and perhaps this new system of parts ordering will be better in the long run than dealing with the factory.
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese 49586-020 Trunnion WDH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pauloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
moneeleann

I also had a negative experience with the factory. I've been emailing and calling for approximately 6-8 months. That's right, MONTHS, to get some information and parts. No one returned my call, ever. Finally, I got through to a real live person two weeks ago, to be told, sorry, we don't do that anymore. My response to them, "so that's why no one ever returns my calls". Their answer, "that's right". Not very pleased at all.

However, after all of the positives I've heard about The Car Show, I called them. They're a little busy, but after about a week, I'm getting my part shipped to me. Drop shipped to me from the factory. Silly they couldn't have just helped me, since they're shipping it anyhow, but oh well...

I have a dealer closer to me, Western Campers, in TX. But Will at The Car Show was pretty great, so I'll probably just continue to use him for what I need.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
moaboy

Many (most) manufacturers deal thru retail dealers so I guess TM is just catching up to the normal process and it is change for us. I've had good luck with ordering cabinets from TM, but will now have to adapt, more fun to deal with the factory though....